505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

001_15_10_B.jpg

dawson-crying.jpeg

Hey, I'm going to miss that one, too. But honestly it's going to take a company that wants to have a truly unique building to have something like that built here. Perhaps HCA will consolidate and move downtown....who knows? 

I love the Turnberry design, but I would trade both of those towers for this one in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

^You do bring up a good point that I often tend to forget.  An office tower, which that original proposal was, is probably more likely to be built with a daring design since there is a paying tenant that also might want to pay for a flashy building as an indication of their status in the city. 

I'm ok with the design.  I'm assuming the windows are a little more of a silver/blue...than a straight blue like many of the new buildings are using, right?  I actually like this color.  Very sleek and "stainless steel" looking.

I wish he had a few more feet just to give the building some kind of distinctive crown...but I understand needing to fill every space with someone paying to live there.

^^^Great points. 

This is a very ambitious project for sure. It is apparent from the discussion with Tony that he is very bullish about the real estate market in downtown. Let's put it this way -- it's more or less not attainable at this very moment. However, as things are changing very quickly in Nashville, by 2018 it will be a reality. 

Obviously it is hard to view things through the long-term scope....many things could change in the coming years. But given that Nashville has had an under-built residential core, and given the momentum NATIONALLY that urban centers are having, this project helps us jump INTO the game, rather than perpetually playing catch-up. This project alone represents more than 1/3 of the total units currently built in the CBD (1,709). 

If the downtown residential market remains strong, that could attract attention from corporate relocations looking for a more urban setting that previously dismissed Nashville as being too suburban-minded.

We will see.

Also, Signature Tower was to have been an all condo (requiring more pre-sales) than this proposal. The apartment market in Nashville is very good right now.  Both points support better chance for his financing this project.  

I still think starting construction in over a year is far enough into the future that this project is still a "maybe" in my mind.  I just read some of the comments attached to the Tennessean article, and I have to agree with the one guy who bet $5 it will not be built (LOL... if only I had $5, but I have one on his way to college... and another close behind).  Of course, I hope it does get built. 

Just wondering how the Tennessean got the scoop here with the photos and details. Was Getahn Ward at the Meet-UP last weekend? He posts here sometimes. 

Edited by MLBrumby

Another rendering, courtesy of the Tennessean... 

Paramount Tower

Completion in Fall 2018.

B9315483855Z.1_20141215220327_000_GIS9DT

B9315483855Z.1_20141215220327_000_GIS9DT

B9315483855Z.1_20141215220327_000_GIS9DS

I would title these:

1. look Nimbys, It isnt that much taller than Batman, dont worry....   ( the forced perspective of this image downplays the height in our skyline)

2. LOOK RETAIL!!!

3. What it really looks like

At least the details in this article are accurate.

300 apartment units

300 condo units

26 super luxury penthouses

4 townhomes

It's more or less a 3-in-1 tower, hence the 3 separate lobbies.

This tower could potentially house around 1,000 people.

Sorry guys not at the meet, this is what we were told and when yall were a hair off last week I and I'm sure others really wanted to tell you but we didnt want to break the silence.

001_15_10_B.jpg

I always thought this was too fat. I like tall and slender.

The Penguin design was truly revolutionary, but it was also expensive.

I knew I couldn't be  the only one that thought it looked like a penguin. 

• Like 1

Also, Signature Tower was to have been an all condo (requiring more pre-sales) than this proposal. The apartment market in Nashville is very good right now.  Both points support better chance for his financing this project.  

I still think starting construction in over a year is far enough into the future that this project is still a "maybe" in my mind.  I just read some of the comments attached to the Tennessean article, and I have to agree with the one guy who bet $5 it will not be built (LOL... if only I had $5, but I have one on his way to college... and another close behind).  Of course, I hope it does get built. 

Just wondering how the Tennessean got the scoop here with the photos and details. Was Getahn Ward at the Meet-UP last weekend? He posts here sometimes. 

I think maybe he badgered him till he got the story. He was not at the meet, but knew about it and contacted Tony. The back story here is that Tony was not happy when Getahn contacted him a couple of day after the meet. This may be the end of having special guest at the meets. Tony is always welcome at the meets, but we will not ask him to share info because we have no control about who says what to who.

• Like 1

At least the details in this article are accurate.

300 apartment units

300 condo units

26 super luxury penthouses

4 townhomes

It's more or less a 3-in-1 tower, hence the 3 separate lobbies.

This tower could potentially house around 1,000 people.

What exactly is a town home? Does that mean multiple floors?

Is that better than "super luxury penthouse"?

Is that like a "double secret probation" kind of thing.

I'm just curious where I should spend my $10m.....er.....after I win the lotto.