505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

It was reported last week that the top portion of the tower could convert to condos if the demand is there. The top floors will be served by a different elevator system.

I would expect $500+ a foot to make that feasible.

It's off of Bonney and Baxter Rd. There was once a giant trailer park here and the city got rid of it a few years back. It was a big story here because the city did imminent domain. The area is really nice now from what it used to be. It's parallel to I264 and there are nice views of Town Center. It's not a bad development either. Nice amenities and nice architecture for luxury apartments. They designed the complex and adjacent town homes after Georgetown up in D.C. There are fountains, gas lanterns, and outdoor living areas with televisions and fireplaces. And my 15 year old sons favorite thing is the concierge trash service lol. He doesn't have to worry about taking it out. One of my favorite things is the community garden and club. It's a nice little touch since I don't have a yard.

I need a visit back there, since I feel like an M.I.A. from having been gone for so long.

I used to live off So. Plaza Trail, just south Independence - Holland Rd split (many years ago), back when I-264 was still a toll road as SR-44; used to cut through that part of Bonney Rd and Baxter(from Newtown and eastbound on Greenwich and Grayson) to avoid the traffic (and the toll) on the expressway, while returning home from work in Norfolk (Lambert's Point).  Even some 30 years ago the traffic there sucked, so I can imagine how worse it must be by now.  I remember that trailer park very well.  As I recall, there had been another one as well, in the Sea-Tack district off 17th St near Birdneck Rd.  I ended up moving to Norfolk because of the traffic and because I had to be at work so early before sunrise.

I can understand how the rent, by now, would be as you stated in that area, especially in such a high-featured and desirable one as yours, with ready access to the expressway and within reasonable reach of the bayside and the oceanfront.  Thanks...

-==-

Edited by rookzie

Paramount 747 with a strong blog post. And I agree overall.

However, I would  say that just because 90 percent of Americans would never think of taking a vacation in Oklahoma City, Mobile, Omaha, Louisville and/or Tulsa (while many WOULD visit Nashville), those Americans might be misguided as they simply would fail to see the many wonderful things about those cities. I know I'm the exception, but I could have a fantastic time visiting any of those cities.

WW

I have been to okc twice in the last six months.  once for a UT football game and then randomly in February, and I have several friends that have moved there for work.

It is a great town, and I would recommend a visit.

I havent been to Mobile since the early 90s, And I only slept in Omaha so I cant say. but Louisville is also a great weekend trip. 

I enjoyed Mobile for the water and a hipster vibe in some areas. Louisville was all about horse racing and smoking everywhere you looked. Omaha was corn fields and near Boystown, NE. Not impressed.

I actually liked Lincoln, better than I did Omaha.  (we can't even count North Platte)

-==-

50 West is a similar building to P747 (a little taller) that is going up in Battery Park in NYC. I wish Tony G would look at house a little creativity at the top of the building can go a long way. 50 West also does not have a crown but it is also not a pure rectangle, and I don't imagine the slight adjustments at the top are extremely expensive. 

Here's to hoping we have not seen the final rendering. 

http://www.50westnyc.com/the-new-downtown-3/

That building, in my opinion, is so much sharper than 505, but the actual differences are quite subtle.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Looks like Baby Huey's backyard, with hose "toy" Tonka dump trucks and an accessory set of Corgi excavator next to a garden hose puddle.  It's a perfect picture of seemingly distorted perspective and proportioning.

All we need now is a flirty Li'l Harry to be plucked from one of those trucks by the 50-foot woman.

-==-

They have been blasting for a while. It was a bit unnerving the first few times!

Right.   You can see in the photo the line that separates the old concrete basement of Cain Sloan from the new excavation.   It was backfill down to that point, then you can see where blasting began and has continued to go deeper.      Another blast just went off while I'm typing this!       

• Like 1

I could be completely wrong, but to me it looks like they are one full story below back-fill.

At least.    It's hard to get the full perspective from the photo angle and site itself is deceptive because of the significant grade change, but if you look at the dump trucks in the center, they are sitting pretty deep in a blast hole, and that blast hole is itself maybe 10 ft above the water level in the foreground.  

The blasting was so intense one day last week that it tripped the seismic alarms at the Viridian. We have guys working on a renovation in the building and according to them there was a massive blast immediately followed by the alarm screaming. A bit concerning to say the least.