505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

I agree that this will appear larger than the Batman building. Someone posted a photo of the skyline from the airport and it looks close to the roof height of Batman since the spires aren't as prominent from that location, especially the very tips of the spires that don't have metal cladding. 

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

I agree that this will appear larger than the Batman building. Someone posted a photo of the skyline from the airport and it looks close to the roof height of Batman since the spires aren't as prominent from that location, especially the very tips of the spires that don't have metal cladding. 

Was it this one? (I posted it at the bottom of the previous page.)

IMG_4924.JPG

Edited by VSRJ
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, titanhog said:

What's with the tall floor up that high?  Not sure I've seen that before in a building.

There is a "break" in the building at that level. The building is designed to allow the top 15 floors to be separate from the rest of the building; thus, those upper units could be sold as condos. There is extra mechanical needs at that level, which is why that level is taller than the other levels. I think it is level 31, don't remember. This is normal to have different heights within a building

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

There is a "break" in the building at that level. The building is designed to allow the top 15 floors to be separate from the rest of the building; thus, those upper units could be sold as condos. There is extra mechanical needs at that level, which is why that level is taller than the other levels. I think it is level 31, don't remember. This is normal to have different heights within a building

That makes sense.  I thought it was strange to have just one floor, 30 stories up, be a bit taller...but how you explain it helps me understand.  I love how they engineer these things.