505 CST - 545 feet - 45 Floors

smeagolsfree

^ Aqua in Chicago was actually the first tower I thought about when I saw this one. Honestly, this one reminds me of a thinner version of that tower without the undulating wave patterned balconies. I wish we had the balls to build a tower like that one, but it would have probably been a total love it/hate it sort of tower like our Batman Building.

I love Aqua...oh man do I love Aqua!  But to me it's the uneven wave pattern that makes it so appealing...and this building doesn't offer that.  Oh well. 

The design has changed again since the last render.  A new render was shown at the City Club breakfast.  Not sure when it will be released.

Oh wow, have you seen it???  If so...THOUGHTS PLEASE!  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Let me ask you guys...what is the tallest building in the city, as far as the actual roof...not spires?  I'm thinking this building could rise about 200' higher than the highest "roof" in the city, right?

Roof height, it's the Fifth Third Center angled across the street from this site at 490ft. After that one it's the Tennessee Tower, I refuse to call it Snodgrass........etc Tower.

Roof height, it's the Fifth Third Center angled across the street from this site at 490ft. After that one it's the Tennessee Tower, I refuse to call it Snodgrass........etc Tower.

The base of the spires on the ATT Tower is 527 feet (The spires are 90 feet) , the highest occupied floor is around 450 feet, ( At the base of the blue slanted glass) . The Snodgrass Tower is 452 feet.

So...this building is REALLY going to stick out amongst the others.  If I were better at Photoshop, I'd put something together with this in our skyline just to see what it will look like.

So...this building is REALLY going to stick out amongst the others.  If I were better at Photoshop, I'd put something together with this in our skyline just to see what it will look like.

It won't stick out too badly if Sheet Music and the Emery project are as tall as they should be. We'll have to cross our fingers about all three proposals if we want to see a balanced skyline.

Hows this?  While obviously some of the buildings are not exactly up to scale, I think you can get a good idea of what it would look like. 

Edit: This rendering was from Adrian Smith & Gordon Gill.

h9iD1xJ_zps05b19759.jpg

Edited by mirydi
  • Like 1

It won't stick out too badly if Sheet Music and the Emery project are as tall as they should be. We'll have to cross our fingers about all three proposals if we want to see a balanced skyline.

It'll stick out in a GOOD way!

Hows this?  While obviously some of the buildings are not exactly up to scale, I think you can get a good idea of what it would look like. 

h9iD1xJ_zps05b19759.jpg

Nice!!

Is that at 605'...or the 700'+?

Edited by titanhog

It'll stick out in a GOOD way!

Nice!!

Is that at 605'...or the 700'+?

750 feet...The articles that came out yesterday said 60 stories, and I think that's incorrect. Back when this design was released it was said to be 64 stories. 

Here's a different angle that I don't think has been posted yet. 

Screen%20Shot%202013-11-26%20at%2012.37.

And there's these too. 

505building2_zpsf2cca124.jpg

505building_zps1fd00dd0.jpg

Edited by mirydi

Sorry guys I wasn't there so I wasn't able to get a look at it.  It was second hand information from my business partner and you know how second hand information goes.  He was sure it was a completely new design a couple hours but now says it may have been the same design but a render from a different angle, possibly the one mirydi posted.

Titan, imagine the height on the hill in which it will sit! It will look 1000 feet!

Thanks UA! Yah,,,,,, at 700 feet, it might look 200 feet taller than the 5/3 building across the street ...

Come on folks ..... Tony is trying to get some TIF money allocated before he ATTEMPTS to get financing. I think he had $15 million originally awarded for the Big Sig, so 12.5 is reasonable in comparison.

Tony owns the land, so probably better to build something that will make money. Next story please ........