EVMS Education Building (Completed)

vdogg

Nevermind, it's definitely on different sites. This tower is on the corner of Colley and Brambleton. CHKD will be on Brambleton on the opposite side of the garage that this tower attaches too. That area is going to start looking like a second downtown.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Norva757 said:

Yeah with the new retirement tower across the street this will look very dense!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I seem to recall that we had a mashup expert around here somewhere who might be able to show us what that intersection/area would look like once the three projects are completed.

3 minutes ago, baobabs727 said:

I seem to recall that we had a mashup expert around here somewhere who might be able to show us what that intersection/area would look like once the three projects are completed.

4. Don't forget about Tarrants Bay, even though that's been awfully quiet over the past year. Wonder what the status of that one is...

10 minutes ago, vdogg said:

4. Don't forget about Tarrants Bay, even though that's been awfully quiet over the past year. Wonder what the status of that one is...

Great point. I've heard nothing on that one for quite some time.  These folks seem not to want to engage the press or the public. They never came forward for comment, and they have not been seen or heard from since the rezoning request. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

Is this it? 

• Like 2

This is going to be nice. :D

per02-1104x690.jpg

"RRMM, along with EYP, is currently working with the Eastern Virginia Medical School on their new Education and Academic Administration Building. This new 144,000 sq. ft. facility, with 350 space parking garage, will house the M1, M2 and Medical Masters programs and staff, as well as consolidating numerous academic support departments currently dispersed in multiple buildings both on and off the EVMS campus. This new “signature” facility will embody and strengthen EVMS’s well-defined purpose as a provider of excellent medical education. Working with the EVMS staff, our cohesive and attractive design will provide a gateway building and help to unify the campus and build upon the standards set thorough the rest of the EVMS campus."interior2-539x399.jpg

• Like 3

• vdogg pinned this topic

I use to work for EVMS Health services before relocating to the Bmore area. Talked with some old colleagues about this (honestly not unusual), they heard nothing about it. EVMS has this funky type of relationship with its Health services division. Hopefully this will all pan out.

It'll pan out. They've done a lot of design work to just do nothing. These types of projects are generally pretty solid because they're owner occupied and don't have to worry about the types of financing issues you see with apartments, condos, etc.

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/marketing__communications/publications/annual_report/FY14_FINANCIAL_REPORT(15-487).pdf

This is their 2014 financial report. They had over $280 million in assets back then. 

Additionally, they requested $67 million last year for the new education building. Funding should already be in hand. There should be a very short time frame from proposal to construction much like what happened with the Sentara vertical expansion.

http://www.evms.edu/media/departments/leadership/president/2016_State_of_the_School.pdf

Evms Academic building.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vdogg said:

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/marketing__communications/publications/annual_report/FY14_FINANCIAL_REPORT(15-487).pdf

This is their 2014 financial report. They had over $280 million in assets back then. 

Additionally, they requested $67 million last year for the new education building. Funding should already be in hand. There should be a very short time frame from proposal to construction much like what happened with the Sentara vertical expansion.

http://www.evms.edu/media/departments/leadership/president/2016_State_of_the_School.pdf

Evms Academic building.JPG

Ok with that rendering I now understand where this is going exactly. The other rendering was/is hot, but I wasn't sure exactly where it was. I haven't been to that part of Norfolk in a few years.   

So this, river tower, Toronto bay, what else is going in this area? I've lost track (a good problem to have in Norfolk)!! 

Ill sketch something up tonight or tomorrow night. 

• Like 3