On 1/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, BFG said:

Thanks!

chkd.jpg

chkd2.jpg

chkd3.png

chkd4.jpg

CHKD MEDICAL TOWER

IMG_0503.PNG

The EVMS Edu Bldg would be to the right & behind this perspective, whilst the River Tower would be to the left and behind this perspective.

This is heading down Brambleton toward Hampton Boulevard, just  past the intersection with Colley.

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

CHKD MEDICAL TOWER

IMG_0503.PNG

The EVMS Edu Bldg would be to the right & behind this perspective, whilst the River Tower would be to the left and behind this perspective.

This is heading down Brambleton toward Hampton Boulevard, just  past the intersection with Colley.

I don't believe that is correct.  The EVMS building looks like it's on the corner of Colley and Bramelton in front of the brick parking garage, yea?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, metalman said:

I don't believe that is correct.  The EVMS building looks like it's on the corner of Colley and Bramelton in front of the brick parking garage, yea?

That's correct, the EVMS Tower would be about a block or so in front of this Tower at the Colley Ave intersection. The river Tower will be directly across from the EVMS Tower.

Right. That's what I meant to convey anyway. That the two  aforementioned developments would be behind the point of view/perspective of this rendering of CHKD.  When I said "perspective" of the viewer, obviously in this rendering you are standing in between the three projects, with the CHKD building in front of you and the two other buildings behind you. In other words the others are at the corner of Colley & Brambleton, on either side...which forms sort of a "gateway" to this CHKD project. 

Perhaps for clarification, I should've expressed it this way: "CHKD is just West of the two other projects, which are at the corner of Colley and Brambleton.

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just noticed something in the EVMS plan that I missed before. First and foremost, they state clearly that they plan to cross over Brambleton for future growth. This will do wonders for Fort Norfolk. Secondly, I never noticed that parcel of land marked for future development that's across Colley. I wonder what that is for?

Screenshot_20171212-144405.png

Screenshot_20171212-144424.png

• Like 4

On 12/12/2017 at 2:47 PM, vdogg said:

Secondly, I never noticed that parcel of land marked for future development that's across Colley. I wonder what that is for?

Looks like a good number of historic homes exist on that block. I doubt evms will expand there unless they somehow buy those homes and turn them into student housing. I don't see anything on that block being tore down, nor should it. 

55 minutes ago, Helium3 said:

That particular block marked for future development doesn't have any historic homes. It's a fairly suburban-looking apartment complex wrapped around a parking lot. It doesn't seem any older than maybe 2 or 3 decades old. 

I helped to design those apartments back in the late 80s.  It was EVMS student housing back then.  I assume it still is.

• 1 month later...