EVMS Education Building (Completed)

vdogg

7 hours ago, Norf native said:

So, will this be all concrete all the way up, or will they start using steel beams at some point?

All concrete. They're typically either all steel or all concrete. The only one I saw them do a mixture on was the Armada Hoffler tower. The parking garage section was concrete, then they put steel on top of that.

I’m hoping that with two three (I forgot the old KrisPak warehouse) completed apartments, and two more in development, we’ll start seeing more proposals in the next 2-3 years. I think that area needs a mixed-use complex with at least one restaurant. 

Edited by BFG
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, zeppelin14 said:

I always thought a hotel should be built somewhere in Ft. Norfolk. Basically any hospital I have seen has a hotel very close by. Norfolk Sentara does not.

Between the retirement community and the hospital we should be able to get a decent size hotel out of that.

9 hours ago, Willy18 said:

image.thumb.png.78d46026e571cb2ed2a7b462f4a01043.png

So many surface lots...should be interesting in the next 10 years.

There is entirely too much brick in this picture, thank God CHKD is glass. Really wish River Tower had stuck with the all glass design....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, carolinaboy said:

^^^^

There is no doubt in my mind those two surface lots directly adjacent to the light rail line will be developed. Hopefully TOD/high density mixed-use/urban/tall type development.

In case any one was wondering, the lot to the north is owned by Sentara while the lot to the south (with the hotel mock up above) is owned by NRHA (the city). We should definitely expect to see a higher quality development here…eventually. 

• Like 1

I imagine those smaller office buildings like Channel 13 and the next block over (lower left) will see the wrecking ball in the next few years. However, I'm eager to see more waterfront development along Front Street.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...