vdogg

EVMS Education Building

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, vdogg said:

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_public/departments/marketing__communications/publications/annual_report/FY14_FINANCIAL_REPORT(15-487).pdf

This is their 2014 financial report. They had over $280 million in assets back then. 

Additionally, they requested $67 million last year for the new education building. Funding should already be in hand. There should be a very short time frame from proposal to construction much like what happened with the Sentara vertical expansion.

http://www.evms.edu/media/departments/leadership/president/2016_State_of_the_School.pdf

Evms Academic building.JPG

Ok with that rendering I now understand where this is going exactly. The other rendering was/is hot, but I wasn't sure exactly where it was. I haven't been to that part of Norfolk in a few years.   

So this, river tower, Toronto bay, what else is going in this area? I've lost track (a good problem to have in Norfolk)!! 

Ill sketch something up tonight or tomorrow night. 

3 people like this

On 1/26/2017 at 11:08 PM, BFG said:

Thanks!

chkd.jpg

chkd2.jpg

chkd3.png

chkd4.jpg

CHKD MEDICAL TOWER

IMG_0503.PNG

The EVMS Edu Bldg would be to the right & behind this perspective, whilst the River Tower would be to the left and behind this perspective.

This is heading down Brambleton toward Hampton Boulevard, just  past the intersection with Colley.

Edited by baobabs727
2 people like this

This is gonna look great! I have to give to EVMS for building up that area. One day Fort Norfolk will intersect seamlessly with this area. 

2 people like this

7 hours ago, baobabs727 said:

CHKD MEDICAL TOWER

IMG_0503.PNG

The EVMS Edu Bldg would be to the right & behind this perspective, whilst the River Tower would be to the left and behind this perspective.

This is heading down Brambleton toward Hampton Boulevard, just  past the intersection with Colley.

I don't believe that is correct.  The EVMS building looks like it's on the corner of Colley and Bramelton in front of the brick parking garage, yea?

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, metalman said:

I don't believe that is correct.  The EVMS building looks like it's on the corner of Colley and Bramelton in front of the brick parking garage, yea?

That's correct, the EVMS Tower would be about a block or so in front of this Tower at the Colley Ave intersection. The river Tower will be directly across from the EVMS Tower.

Right. That's what I meant to convey anyway. That the two  aforementioned developments would be behind the point of view/perspective of this rendering of CHKD.  When I said "perspective" of the viewer, obviously in this rendering you are standing in between the three projects, with the CHKD building in front of you and the two other buildings behind you. In other words the others are at the corner of Colley & Brambleton, on either side...which forms sort of a "gateway" to this CHKD project. 

Perhaps for clarification, I should've expressed it this way: "CHKD is just West of the two other projects, which are at the corner of Colley and Brambleton.

Edited by baobabs727
1 person likes this

Once they clear out some of those older offices along Front Street and Woodis Avenue, the potential will be even greater. 

2 people like this

4 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

The potential.

EVMS AREA.jpg

I do not know if this is just a fort norfolk mark up, but I thought chkd was building a small tower or is that the EVMS medical tower pin?

18 hours ago, brikkman said:

I do not know if this is just a fort norfolk mark up, but I thought chkd was building a small tower or is that the EVMS medical tower pin?

Yes,, sorry, the tower marked EVMS medical tower should be CHKD medical tower. Sorry about that.