Bachelorette Parties

archilove

Someone here complained recently about the bachelorettes downtown. We are second to Las Vegas in bachelorette parties and I don't think it wise to chase away that kind of business. One of my favorite things to do in Nashville is to go sit in Walk of Fame Park and watch the girls go by. They always seem to be having such a good time!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree.  Definitely a boost to Nashville.  Very glad it seems to be under control and that we also have a diverse portfolio, many things complement each other.  I think we have recently seen evidence of this from that great, historic Predators playoff run!  We have tons of fun, but we are also able to do so in a mostly respectful manner.

Thus, the honky-tonk vibe has spilled over both literally and figuratively on lower Broad.  I see it in the CMA festival and 4th and NYE celebrations.  It has evolved over the past few years.  It is crazy to think back and see this.  Nashville is such a special place.  Makes it even better as my hometown and big part of my early life.

We are now seeing enthusiasm in soccer, both globally and MLS.  Hopefully the Titans will do well this year.  A lot of excitement there.  I hate to base it mostly on sports and celebrations, but Nashville has embraced these things and made them their own in a hugely positively way.  This in turn, with all of our other special things about our city, education and arts to name two, have mutually benefited and evolved. 

I live in 12 South and these parties are hugely unpopular here. They take an airbnb and make it party central. They will get started on a Friday night, get rolling again starting at about noon on Saturday, heading to downtown late in the afternoon. They come back at 3am. rowdy and ready to continue until the police show up around 4am. Total disregard for the neighbors, who didn't sign up to live next door to a hotel.  - And metro doesn't help. Hopefully these parties will go back downtown as we get more hotel rooms.

I took two ubers yesterday and both talked about how they dislike both groups, but especially the girls. I've had many uber drivers who recount the how bad they can be. The girls say they are fine, but start hurling a few moments later. One driver, this past week, recounted picking up guys who only wanted to go 2 blocks, but were too "tired" to walk.

13 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I took two ubers yesterday and both talked about how they dislike both groups, but especially the girls. I've had many uber drivers who recount the how bad they can be. The girls say they are fine, but start hurling a few moments later. One driver, this past week, recounted picking up guys who only wanted to go 2 blocks, but were too "tired" to walk.

I drove for Uber for a couple of months about 2 years ago.  Just wanted to try it for some extra cash.

I quickly learned not to work nights near downtown.  I just did airport runs to keep people from throwing up in my car.

One of the big problems is that these groups expect it to be "all about them" and be totally obnoxious and basically rude. I mean congrats and all, but don't come killing my good time with your "woo girl" crap. Do not even get me started when they come to the gay bars, that's a whole different level of BS.

Archived