Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

There is an auto glass business on Main Street in East Nashville that has a sign out front indicating that they are moving to 500 Lafayette Street.  I'm pretty sure that's the address cited.  John:  can you confirm what the name of the business is and the new address listed?

Sweet! I assume this is a bar/restaurant?

It is and work has been going on for a couple, maybe three weeks.  Mark Montgomery's project will be sort of across the street I think on Ewing, and there is another project going where the old butcher shop was. That may end up being an art gallery.

Metro is finalizing everything for the Division street connector too. I expect to see that fully underway by year's end.

It looks as if there is a lot of grading work going on at the Embry site too. I guess we should be seeing full scale activity there soon.

Also of note is that the project where RD Herbert is should start by early in 2015. There has to be a zoning change first.

Behind pay wall, but will come out eventually.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/3/31/end_of_year_start_eyed_for_next_phase_of_east_sides_walden

The news here too is that is has gone from 220 units to 249.

There is an auto glass business on Main Street in East Nashville that has a sign out front indicating that they are moving to 500 Lafayette Street.  I'm pretty sure that's the address cited.  John:  can you confirm what the name of the business is and the new address listed?

I think its called Main Street Auto Glass. That whole block is for sale from what I have heard. Why they are moving to Lafayette is beyond me. That 500 block of Lafayette will eventually be redeveloped. They are next to 900 Main Street now which is a black painted building across from Amplify on Main.

Rumor is another large scale residential project will take up the entire block from 9th or so down to 7th maybe?

Edited by Urban Architecture

Sweet! I assume this is a bar/restaurant?

http://www.citywinery.com/blog/nashville/city-winery-at-pollstar/

I think its called Main Street Auto Glass. That whole block is for sale from what I have heard. Why they are moving to Lafayette is beyond me. That 500 block of Lafayette will eventually be redeveloped. They are next to 900 Main Street now which is a black painted building across from Amplify on Main.

Rumor is another large scale residential project will take up the entire block from 9th or so down to 7th maybe?

It is a short term lease on the former Nashville Autohaus building that also houses Nashville Film Institute. I think they are the contractor replacing the glass in the Tennessee tower and maybe something else. 

It is and work has been going on for a couple, maybe three weeks.  Mark Montgomery's project will be sort of across the street I think on Ewing, and there is another project going where the old butcher shop was. That may end up being an art gallery.

Metro is finalizing everything for the Division street connector too. I expect to see that fully underway by year's end.

Mark Montgomery's project is same side of the street and next door. Plaza Art bought the Regg Meat place and is converting it to an artist coop I think.

• Like 1

What are they building there again ?

Converting the Church to a restaurant/entertainment venue.

Also, Tony G granted a third extension on the property for his proposed Marriott.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/03/downtown-church-changes-mind-grants-giarratana.html?ana=e_nsh_bn

Now that Getahn is an active poster to the UP, I may be "reinventing" the news, but just to place this in its proper thread.... the land acquisition for the Westin (with retail) at the KVB/8 Roundabout has been finalized.  Could we be seeing renderings soon?  Ron, have you seen any renderings? 

From GW at the Tennessean...  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2014/03/31/deal-closes-future-westin-site/7129117/

A New York-based partnership, named Nashville Hospitality Capital LLC, is developing their plans for the property.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/b81e8fa2fed839ecd9b94856dfa649589288ef30/c=112-0-1887-1331&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/Nashville/2014/03/31/-nasbrd12-31-2013tennessean1d00120131230img-nasbrd10-16-2012t1.jpg

Edited by MLBrumby