Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

909 Flats was slightly redesigned, but is expected to be fairly high quality.  While there won't be any ground level retail space or residences facing Rosa Parks due to flood issues [per the developers], there will be the a lobby, leasing center, and other mostly resident amenities on the ground level.  Also, on the 9th Avenue side, there will be various apartment and building entrances that address the street.  I believe part of the delay was a change in architects.  On that topic, the new architect has an interior image on their website, and also notes the building will be condominiums.  Not sure if that's accurate, though.

(scroll down to 909 Flats)

http://fhdesign.com/identity/

Here's an interesting development proposal for NYLO Hotel in the Gulch, for the lot behind Station Inn and 404 Hotel.  It's from 2009, so it may or may not be significant.  It looks to be more of a student project than a real development, but it does contain a lot of info about the site, and is quite specific about costs and construction issues.

This is a direct link to the PDF:

https://jscholarship.library.jhu.edu/bitstream/handle/1774.2/35855/Melton_NYLO%20Hotel%20in%20the%20Gulch%20Nashville%20TN_2009_Schwartzman.pdf?sequence=1

Edited by barakat

so glad to see this one finally start...im really hoping with the influx in residents that this area will get over the next couple of years that we will possibly get a nicer grocery store and some more affordable places to eat (like Ron mentioned earlier on)

I hope the UMP site is mixed use (apartments, retail, hotel) and not just all hotel, especially since there will be the Westin right next door. Retail right across the street from MCC would do really well, since most of the retail options are on Broadway. I think I recall the UMP site having a proposal for mixed use, but since it has changed hands so many times, that may no longer be the case.

How the hell after that whole water pipes bursting fiasco?

Not only that but the maintenance guy told me that every window in the building was installed wrong.  These windows are more drafty than my 1925 Bungalow, I kid you not.  The heat or air runs almost non stop depending on which season it is.  My window seals have mold on them from the insides of the window frosting over like a deep freezer when its cold then melting when it warms back up.  Multiple residents have complained about their heat or are getting stuck on a high or low temperature.  The doors to the zen garden do not have anything on them to close them automatically so the hallway is always the temperature of outside, sometimes you can see your breath in the hallway.  I'm in disbelief, LEED ratings must be a joke.  I guess a couple of cheap energy star appliances and slow flow water spigots are all it takes.

I'm really looking forward to this project.  Thanks for the link.  If anyone gets a few minutes, the video clips in that article are REALLY worth a watch.

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the museum. Although one could argue that it's true home should be ON Jefferson St, I can understand putting it downtown so that it can feed off of all the tourist activity.

As for the rest of the convention center redevelopment....I guess I'll take a 'wait and see' approach to the final renderings offered for the mixed use portion.