Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

This is the rendering of the project that Brett posted about on the corner of 6th & Taylor.

XBRDU2c.png

This will use the historic homes and add to them. This is the same group that is redoing the Centurian Stone building across the street on the other corner.

This is behind the pay wall but will come off at some point.

http://nashvillepost.com/news/2014/4/16/mixed_used_development_targeted_for_germantown

• Like 2

It is on hold till the council gets off their rear ends and gets the money.

The Mayor/Council Member for that district could still put the Gulch pedestrian bridge in the capital improvements budget.  Those negotiations start mid-May and coincide with the passing of the budget, which is required before June 30th (the fiscal year starts July 1).  The capital improvements budget is actually a five-year forecast of projects that is revised every year.  We will see what is included or not probably in mid-June.

If the Mayor/Council Member wanted the pedestrian bridge to be paid for by taxpayers, they should have put that item in the Capital Improvements Budget just like they do all other projects.  It was the skirting of that process that ultimately got them in trouble.  Taking the money out of the county-wide sidewalk/road repair fund isn't going to cut it when Metro has denied sidewalks to schoolchildren even in such areas as Hillwood for over a decade was a political disaster.  The citizens of Davidson County had to slap some hands over that one.

• Like 2

Permit issued for 609 9th Ave S. to renovate building for restaurant.  This is kind of in between Arnold's and Yazoo.

This is the Lucy Blu location and is opening under the name, Agenda now.

Where is Barista Parlor going in the Gulch?  I can't remember the address.

http://www.nashvillescene.com/bites/archives/2013/11/05/new-barista-parlor-in-the-gulch-will-include-coffee-roasting-operation

610 Magazine street

It's just like the money for the Sounds ball park. I had seen where it was in this year's budget last year and no one took notice. I could not believe everyone ignored 55 million in the budget and when contacted, they played it down. Then all the sudden, we had the announcement.

That will happen with the bridge at some point as well. I concur with you Brett.

CM Erica Gilmore has a habit in these situations of issuing vague threats on the council floor that the other CMs will need her support for projects in the districts that they represent.  That's true.  But it is also true that an overwhelming number of the recent taxpayer-funded projects in Nashville happen to be located in her council district.  So it's not as though Council District 19 is being snubbed or anything.  Quite the contrary.

Edited by bwithers1

Anyone know what is happening in Terrazzo that one lane of Division is closed? There are lights on in the empty retail space, hoping movement on something going in but it could also be related to water damage back in January.

I saw that yesterday. I think there is a restaurant planned in the Terrazzo, but I am not sure where it was to be or when it was to start construction.

I saw that yesterday. I think there is a restaurant planned in the Terrazzo, but I am not sure where it was to be or when it was to start construction.

The name of the restaurant going in is "Prima". It's Miranda Whitcomb Pontes' (who owns/runs Burger Up and Josephine) new venture. From what I've picked up on in the community, construction is to start here in the coming weeks.

The name of the restaurant going in is "Prima". It's Miranda Whitcomb Pontes' (who owns/runs Burger Up and Josephine) new venture. From what I've picked up on in the community, construction is to start here in the coming weeks.

I'd heard Prima was off and the space was available again so this'd be a nice surprise.

Terrazzo residents were told about this on Tuesday, "our lobby restaurant Prima located on Division side of Terrazzo is starting construction prep work later this week."  "Mathews construction... plans to close down the right hand land closest to the front of building on Division to use for unloading of construction materials. This lane of traffic is planned to be closed for six months and will be barricaded to block off from pedestrian traffic."

More updates will be sent to us as needed.

The Victorian home at the 1 Music Square West (corner of 17th and Division) was demolished and a 250-room Virgin Hotel has been announced.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2014/04/virgin-hotels-opening-nashville-location.html

While this isn't technically in the Gulch, I think it's significant that this location was chosen rather than somewhere closer to the MCC and downtown.

Great shots!!

Are there any future plans for the small strip of land between all of the buildings and the train tracks?  I'm not sure if this is even possible since I'm not sure how much of that land CSX actually owns, but it has always seemed to me like it'd be a good place for at least some kind of a walking/biking trail with clear plexiglass walls separating it from the train tracks, allowing people to be able to watch the trains as well, which to me, kind of connects the neighborhood to the source of it's name, in a way. 

• Like 1