Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

William contacted them month before last at my request and they said then that there were no plans. I was wondering when they would make an entry into the Nashville market.

Here is the article

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/05/09/c-museum-hotels-confirms-plans-nashville-hotel/8901509/

• Like 2

They are both dirty, poorly stocked, and trying to get serviced at deli, and or customer service is painful. On numerous occasions I have waited for service while the deli is not busy and they just act as if they do not see you. When you finally say excuse me can you help me it is another 2-3 minutes.... this is at 8 in the morning. ha

I will say that the Rosa Parks one has improved over the last year but it still has a long way to go. IMO. 

49kft2 is a pretty good sized grocery store. +/- 15% smaller than the Melrose & Inglewood Kroger stores. 50% larger than the Harris Teeter on 21st.

I shopped at the Franklin Road/Melrose Kroger for years during the mid-00's and never found it particularly lacking. In what way is it horrible?

Edited by Guest

Cool projects.  Those two boutiques should provide some variety to the upscale hotel market.  It wasn't too long ago that we were discussing 21c as a possible entrant into the Nashville market.  

Edited by Hey_Hey

A couple of pictures I snapped while out for a bike ride today:

Progress on 6th and Taylor project at the old Centurion showroom:

be594b05-7045-4a5a-9587-90f1622d9055_zps

8e52021a-81b1-41f5-bc7e-62c467f32d4d_zps

Progress on the Creason Buena Vista project on Scovell.  Going up quickly!

1aee9619-d302-4540-9f3d-8379ef750d70_zps

• Like 4

I walked through Creason's project on Scovel:  

The unit may only be 50 ft deep, but has a lot of windows on all 3 floors.  Total open concept on 1st with a fireplace and 3 closets built under the stairs (Washer/Dryer, Powder Room, Pantry).  2nd floor looks like 2 bed / 2 en-suite bath + a laundry room.  3rd floor is another bedroom + en-suite bath with outdoor balcony on the back that runs the width of the units and is about 8 ft deep.  This balcony has a spiral staircase that takes you to the 4th floor outdoor patio.  A good deal for 300,000, and of most likely a new price per sq ft standard in Buena Vista.  

0wcvPEc.jpg

Edited by HGMIII
  • Like 1

In an attempt to avoid discussing the need for a pharmacy in/near the Gulch, I will discuss the Prima preview.

They've poured a second floor in the back half of the space which they call 'the mezzanine.'  Several private seating rooms will be up there as well as a wine room at the front in the form of a glass box.  From the mezzanine, the main floor will have a street feel to it, enhancing the view of seeing Division through 20' windows.

The main entrance will be through the Terrazzo lobby and the restaurant will use materials and features that match the building.  The floor will have a terrazzo tile look, like the lobby.  The woodwork will be walnut.  The outside entrance will be a rotating door matching the one in the lobby.  These features will create a consistency between Prima and the rest of Terrazzo.

My descriptions don't do it justice.  I was very impressed.

Now, does anyone here care about food or is that for another thread?

• Like 3

I have a source that's pretty high up at Sarah Cannon and she says it will be a Whole Foods.

I'm ok with that, though I'd prefer Publix or Trader Joes. Just cause I can't afford to do all my shopping at Whole Foods.

The times I have been to the Kroger on Rosa Parks, my experience has not been bad. They had what I needed, there were many checkout lanes open, and I got in and out in a timely manner.

Now if you are comparing it to a Whole Foods or the Kroger in Greenhills or Brentwood, then yes it needs improvement in some areas. But compared to all of the other Krogers in the Nashville urban area, I don't think it is the worst.

I used to live across from Ted Rhodes golf course near metro center and I would go to Rosa Parks or Charlotte Ave Kroger and I would say both are about the same.

The times I have been to the Kroger on Rosa Parks, my experience has not been bad. They had what I needed, there were many checkout lanes open, and I got in and out in a timely manner.

Now if you are comparing it to a Whole Foods or the Kroger in Greenhills or Brentwood, then yes it needs improvement in some areas. But compared to all of the other Krogers in the Nashville urban area, I don't think it is the worst.

I used to live across from Ted Rhodes golf course near metro center and I would go to Rosa Parks or Charlotte Ave Kroger and I would say both are about the same.

I live within walking distance of that that Kroger, and go here a lot basics, but the area needs a specialty grocery store like Whole Foods to fill in the gap.  There are several items off the top of my head where I see Kroger as being deficient:

• no fresh seafood
  • no butcher
  • bad specialty cheese selection
  • Poor produce selection - you can't buy a leek, for example, at this Kroger