Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I am waiting to see whether this one gets as much grief as everyone on here seems to give the East Nashville location.  Yes, it is the hipster high church.  Yes, you can hang with Dan Auerbach.  Yes, the food is a little pricy, but then again it is supplied by Porter Road Butcher next door, where chicken is $16/pound and bacon is $12/pound. 

Barista Parlor seems to specialize in slightly out-of-the-way spaces within established destinations.  They seem to have a niche for repurposing old transmission shops, specifically.  I look forward to seeing what they come up with in this location. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 1

From Getahn Ward at the Tennessean about Omni's plans for a second hotel in Sobro (which I never knew about).  They are putting those plans "on hold".  LOL... I had no idea they were even considering another hotel.  No doubt, they wish they had their original decision to do over again... they would not have done "just 800" rooms.  They missed the boat on a potential 400 more rooms.  Instead, they played it somewhat cautiously... and Nashville got a squatty box with a "conservative" 800 rooms.  Just think... if Omni had really seen the real potential of the MCC and Nashville, they might have put up a 1200-room hotel of much greater height (upper 30s or even 40 floors).  Oh well... their miss makes opportunity for others. 

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2014/05/13/omni-nashville-owner-puts-plans-nd-hotel-hold/9058369/

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

I walked through Creason's project on Scovel:  

The unit may only be 50 ft deep, but has a lot of windows on all 3 floors.  Total open concept on 1st with a fireplace and 3 closets built under the stairs (Washer/Dryer, Powder Room, Pantry).  2nd floor looks like 2 bed / 2 en-suite bath + a laundry room.  3rd floor is another bedroom + en-suite bath with outdoor balcony on the back that runs the width of the units and is about 8 ft deep.  This balcony has a spiral staircase that takes you to the 4th floor outdoor patio.  A good deal for 300,000, and of most likely a new price per sq ft standard in Buena Vista.  

0wcvPEc.jpg

Sounds good.  Hopefully this kick-starts some more development on this side of Rosa Parks.  There are a lot of empty lots and renovation (or demolition) opportunities,   

Another little project going on downtown.   This is on 5th near corner of 5th/Union.     The former convenience market is being gutted/renovated.    Monty in the barbershop in the Arcade told me he talked to the workers who said it will be retail on the ground floor and six (!) one-br apartments on floors 2 and 3.     I don't know who is doing the project, maybe someone here does.    

I'm hoping like hell they rip the stucco off the front and daylight the underlying brick.      

post-29449-0-64923000-1400077034_thumb.j

(apologies for crappy photo taken with phone)

Edited by CenterHill
  • Like 1

Another little project going on downtown.   This is on 5th near corner of 5th/Union.     The former convenience market is being gutted/renovated.    Monty in the barbershop in the Arcade told me he talked to the workers who said it will be retail on the ground floor and six (!) one-br apartments on floors 2 and 3.     I don't know who is doing the project, maybe someone here does.    

I'm hoping like hell they rip the stucco off the front and daylight the underlying brick.      

attachicon.gif5thAve.JPG

(apologies for crappy photo taken with phone)

Monty is good people, I wont go to anyone else.

• Like 1

Man, I had that information a while back. The permits were issued a couple of months ago. I forgot to post it. I am falling down on the job. I know I gave it to William, but then I forget to follow up here. The residential is very cool. There is no reason that there should be any vacant space above any of the buildings downtown. It's all high dollar valuable now.

I wish someone would renovate the Utopia building on 4th. They had plans to do that several years ago and they fell through. That is a beautiful old building.

• Like 1

I toured the Utopia building when it was planned to be converted to condos. Parking was an issue. I'm surprised nothing has happened yet, but with the Noel being converted to a hotel soon, maybe it will create some momentum.  It's a cool building inside, too.

Sounds good.  Hopefully this kick-starts some more development on this side of Rosa Parks.  There are a lot of empty lots and renovation (or demolition) opportunities,   

Bezoar,

I own 2 lots on Arthur and I know a few other people on Arthur who are waiting on better offers for the land. (Augusta who owns 3 parcels on the east side of the 1500 block of Arthur is holding at 250,000)   

The Mt Bethel Church also owns about 6 lots in the neighborhood but they are wheeling and dealing these lots now.  Lot prices have gone from 50,000 last yr to ~75,000 this year.  

I believe new construction activity will overshadow renovations on this side for the next 18 months or so, but once the first wave of new construction has success, renovations will increase on Arthur, Monroe, 10th afterwards.  

• Like 1

Bezoar,

I own 2 lots on Arthur and I know a few other people on Arthur who are waiting on better offers for the land. (Augusta who owns 3 parcels on the east side of the 1500 block of Arthur is holding at 250,000)   

The Mt Bethel Church also owns about 6 lots in the neighborhood but they are wheeling and dealing these lots now.  Lot prices have gone from 50,000 last yr to ~75,000 this year.  

I believe new construction activity will overshadow renovations on this side for the next 18 months or so, but once the first wave of new construction has success, renovations will increase on Arthur, Monroe, 10th afterwards.  

Interesting, thanks for the info!   I noticed that Mt. Bethel demolished a couple of derelict homes on Arthur recently, and I was kind of curious about what the plan with that was. 

In other news, that big beautiful red house on the corner of Monroe and Arthur just got permitted to convert  to a single-family home.  Currently split up into apartments.  

• Like 1

If memory serves, this the building that required another staircase for fire code? The prevented the renovation from cash flowing .

Man, I had that information a while back. The permits were issued a couple of months ago. I forgot to post it. I am falling down on the job. I know I gave it to William, but then I forget to follow up here. The residential is very cool. There is no reason that there should be any vacant space above any of the buildings downtown. It's all high dollar valuable now.

I wish someone would renovate the Utopia building on 4th. They had plans to do that several years ago and they fell through. That is a beautiful old building.

Edited by Guest

Some updated renderings of the KVB Hilton Garden Inn on Chartwell's website. Compared to the original renderings, I like this a lot better.    No real activation on the 3rd Ave side, but overall not bad.    There's been an effort to give it a little more urban look.    

It's not letting me paste the images, but here's the link.

http://www.chartwellhospitality.com/Development/Hilton-Garden-Inn-Nashville/

• Like 1

Some updated renderings of the KVB Hilton Garden Inn on Chartwell's website. Compared to the original renderings, I like this a lot better.    No real activation on the 3rd Ave side, but overall not bad.    There's been an effort to give it a little more urban look.    

It's not letting me paste the images, but here's the link.

http://www.chartwellhospitality.com/Development/Hilton-Garden-Inn-Nashville/

Thanks for posting that! I always had a hard time telling exactly how the hotel was to be oriented. Although the design is nothing stellar, it's decent and is providing a solid, more affordable option for staying downtown.

• Like 1