Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Looks a lot better this time around. Great find and thanks for posting. You all are on the ball. I used to be able to check everything once in a while, but with all that is going on, all the help we can get is very much appreciated. 

Everyone, please keep your eyes open. There is still a lot out there we have not seen nor heard about.

protip: If you copy/paste or type the article headline into google, and click the same article link in the results, you'll be able to access any Gannett article with no problem.

Just noticed on the front of the Tennessean website that Raymond James has signed on as a tenant at Gulch Crossings.  Can't link since I'm not a subscriber.

• Like 2

Both local and out-of-state developers are starting to take notice of the old town area (between Union st. and Church st. from the riverfront park to 8th ave.) The potential opportunity for hotel and residential projects could give this zip a more European vibe with The Arcade and narrow alleyways. My wish would be they start with the surface parking lots.

Edited by FrankNash
  • Like 3

Some updated renderings of the KVB Hilton Garden Inn on Chartwell's website. Compared to the original renderings, I like this a lot better.    No real activation on the 3rd Ave side, but overall not bad.    There's been an effort to give it a little more urban look.    

It's not letting me paste the images, but here's the link.

http://www.chartwellhospitality.com/Development/Hilton-Garden-Inn-Nashville/

Is that short (two-story?) portion entirely a parking garage? Ugh. At least it's on 3rd instead of KVB.

Interesting, thanks for the info!   I noticed that Mt. Bethel demolished a couple of derelict homes on Arthur recently, and I was kind of curious about what the plan with that was. 

In other news, that big beautiful red house on the corner of Monroe and Arthur just got permitted to convert  to a single-family home.  Currently split up into apartments.  

Thanks for the info as well, that home does have some great landscaping.  

There is another red house on Monroe by the corner of 10th by the library, it may be the slowest renovation project in North Nash

Thanks for the info as well, that home does have some great landscaping.  

There is another red house on Monroe by the corner of 10th by the library, it may be the slowest renovation project in North Nash

The one over by the Median, kind of across from Kroger?  Yeah, that is dragging on.  I've peeked in there a few times when they're working - they've taken the interiors down to the studs.  Better to take your time and do it right, I suppose.  

Edited by Bezoar

I still don't understand with the need for hotel rooms, residential, and parking downtown, why Tony is having such a hard time building a mixed use tower without the office portion? It would be such a waste if this happens on this site. Edited by bruceman73

Don't get why MDHA wants the 505 site.     There is an unused, ancient garage literally falling down and fenced off a few blocks away at 7th/Commerce.     Replace that with a new one.    

Actually don't.     We're so over stand alone garages.  Any new parking structure needs to go underground with a surface green space like the Courthouse square or the Hilton.   

• Like 3

Calm down folks. The article said they wanted to buy "some" of the land, not the whole site. In fact it said 0.8 acres. That's pretty much a sliver of the property itself. There is still plenty of room for Tony to build a tower on. 

Here is an aerial view of the site for reference.

5thampChurchsite_zps747d1cb3.jpg

Edited by mirydi
  • Like 2

Au contraire!   If Mr. Giarratana is the deal maker he appears to be, then this would appear to be an opportunity for him.  With MDHA wanting something he has, he now has a prospective partner in this venture.  So maybe the question should be: Will this speed up the construction of Nashville's new tallest?

You were reading my mind. It could be an opportunity for both Tony and Metro. We will have to see how this one plays out. I am sure this has not come as a surprise to Tony as this has been in the works for a while. He has probably been in discussion with Metro on a deal. It could be that the 505CST version with residential, that is a tall slender tower, that Tony may not need the entire lot. The down payment on the land could jump start the tower.

Just speculating here guys. This was a surprise to me too.

• Like 1

Au contraire!   If Mr. Giarratana is the deal maker he appears to be, then this would appear to be an opportunity for him.  With MDHA wanting something he has, he now has a prospective partner in this venture.  So maybe the question should be: Will this speed up the construction of Nashville's new tallest?

I like the way you think!  I hope Tony is thinking along those lines as well!

• Like 1

This biggest disappointment out of this news for me is that if this happens, the site might then be too small for the mixed-use tower version of the proposals, and this deal might all but seal it's fate. The residential tower is still a beautiful tower, and I would be happy if it were built, but I was so in love with that mixed-use tower version that it would be a big disappointment to me knowing that there would be no chance at all for it. I'm just not a fan of the massing of the residential tower. It's too skinny and would kind of look like a toothpick sticking out of the center of the skyline. 

How big is that lot?  8/10's of an acre is a pretty large piece.  There's probably not more than a couple of acres of land there, right?

1.22 acres. So...2/3 of the lot.

3 levels are below ground. 5 levels are above ground. If it were worked out that Tony contains the rights for the land above the garage, this could be a pretty sweet deal. 1/3 of the lot would leave plenty of space for a lobby and lower level services for the tower (roughly an 18,000 sq ft footprint). That would also be an acceptable footprint (although still pretty skinny) for residential or hotel. If Tony does not retain the space above the garage, then it pretty much knocks out any consideration for an office tower.

My question -- if MDHA is building this, then will any development Tony builds have to have its own parking? 1,150 spaces is probably right around what a large office tower would have. Perhaps half that for a 400+ unit apartment or hotel.

It's an interesting development. I'm not crazy about it right now...but let's see.

WW needs to talk to Tony and see what is going on here...

• Like 2