Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The only thing I'm hoping for at this point is lots and lots of trees. The more the better. You always see all these trees in renderings of projects, and once their finished your lucky to end up with half of them. It would be nice to start seeing a bigger effort to bring in more trees downtown.

Edited by mirydi
  • Like 3

I will say this. At some point all the prime lots will be taken or something planed on the lots. Then we will start getting a little height, at least I am hopeful.

One of the issues is that there are only so many places that you can go unlimited on height. One is the CBD, west of 3rd or there abouts and on KVB in SoBro. James Robertson is even limited to 530' or so. I do have a feeling that if someone wants a variance in the Gulch, they will probably get it, as this is turning into a secondary business and entertainment district.

• Like 1

Was hoping for 20+.  Oh well.  Hope it will at least be a good design.

Still could be close to 200'.  How tall is the 12th and Laurel condo tower?  But Eakin is obviously very conservative... as we saw with the Suntrust tower.  However, this thing will cost $95M!!!!!  For fifteen stories, that ought to be made with high quality materials. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2

It will get used A LOT!!! Even on days when there aren't any concerts, all that grass and open space will bring people out to play.  It reminds me of Coolidge Park here in Chatty.  I do agree that there should be lots of trees.  Good trees... no flowering pears!  

• Like 2

I would've liked 20+ stories for Eakin, too, but based on the scaledown (300k sq ft as opposed to 450k), I was expecting this. I'm just glad we're getting 15 stories and not 10-12....and I'm also happy that we're getting some office space downtown. If both this and Gulch Crossing, (as well as North Gulch) can fill up pretty quickly, it may increase the confidence to go bigger with office space.

The Tennessean has a rendering of Eakin's new building, it's a glass box. 

Exactly! We went from a very good rendering, to an OK rendering, to a Glass short Box!

We probalby have the most glass, concrete box structures in the nation.

Add this one to Roundabout plaza, Gulch crossing (which is a nice glass box), Suntrust plaza, the two identical state box buildings near bicentenial, and all of the others! 

Put these short glass boxes in Coolsprings....not in the urban core.

underwhelming to say the least... we are in Nashville's 'Golden Age' and 'they' build 11 stories shorter than the codes allow????? 

To sum it up - 99% of Nashville developers lack ANY vision. In fact the ONLY developer that comes close is Tony G. but he has no money, ha.

Maybe the two go hand in hand.

Is this the rendering you guys are talking about?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e3t3omw0dv5kyr/2014-05-20%2007.26.16.jpg

If so, I think it's unfair to judge it based up this rendering? It's an awful rendering and you can't really judge any detail from it. I'm not saying that I like it, it's just hard to tell what is really going on based upon the poor quality image.

post-8371-0-93641100-1400589408_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Permit to remove trees for townhouse development at 1112 11TH AVE N issued (just around the corner from the Buena Vista Creason project and across Scovell from Monroe Park).  I guess this project is getting off the ground finally.

I don't recall this being mentioned here, so here's the site plan: http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2013_calendar_year/bl2013_539_site_plan.pdf

The Buena Vista Associate sent out some renderings a little while back for this, but I can't seem to find thouse.  Should be a nice little infill project for the area.  

Permit to remove trees for townhouse development at 1112 11TH AVE N issued (just around the corner from the Buena Vista Creason project and across Scovell from Monroe Park).  I guess this project is getting off the ground finally.

I don't recall this being mentioned here, so here's the site plan: http://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2013_calendar_year/bl2013_539_site_plan.pdf

The Buena Vista Associate sent out some renderings a little while back for this, but I can't seem to find thouse.  Should be a nice little infill project for the area.  

Found the rendering.  Meh.  I guess it could be ok.  

N11thScovelArchPerspective_zps12dbaade.j

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this latest drawing is just an elevation, not a rendering. The other pictures are all renderings, and this elevation could look similar to any of them once textures, materials, and lighting are added.

I wish it were taller, but this building looks to be built mostly on spec. Building a 15 story building in an unproven office neighborhood without a primary tenant is pretty significant in this economy.

• Like 2

The more I look at the amphitheater park renderings, the more I like it.   I can see now the stage roof is solar.   Good for Hawkins to include rainwater collection (to help all the new trees survive the Nashville summers).   The stone will give the stage a sense of permanence and gravitas.   This is going to be an incredible space.    Just one more quality of life factor for all of us who live here!  

• Like 3

underwhelming to say the least... we are in Nashville's 'Golden Age' and 'they' build 11 stories shorter than the codes allow????? 

To sum it up - 99% of Nashville developers lack ANY vision. In fact the ONLY developer that comes close is Tony G. but he has no money, ha.

Maybe the two go hand in hand.

Thanks Todd. You said what I have been trying to say for years. I never have to post here again!

• Like 1

I'll echo what some of you are saying...this elevation could very much be the exact same building without the questionable vertical stripe.  Elevations rarely make for a great understanding of a building.  I'd bet that the architect is upset that this drawing was chosen to represent the design.

Edited by CandyAisles
  • Like 1