Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Possible new residential price point in Buena Vista? Remodeled shotgun house just went on the market. 976 square feet. 200k list. That's like 205 per square foot.

I was just looking at this on Realtracs.   Looks like it was sold in November, rehabbed and they're looking to flip it.  Interesting to see if it sells at this price.     

Wait until either Omni is complete or even built.  Do you not recall the original Omni rendering for Nashville?  It was a nice concept with differing window elevations and gradating sizes.

Personally speaking, that curved Tempe spec looks weak and the Arlington building better look nice if $110 million buys you 410,000 sf. 

Well, it's an apples to oranges comparison, IMO. 

-The "experimental" hotel for a new convention center in Nashville (Omni funds only correct?)

vs

-The anchor hotel for a new convention center and stadium in Atlanta (speculating here, but city money, Omni money, somewhere down the line Falcons/NFL money)

-A hotel/residential tower combination in Louisville (Hotel money, residential developer's money, bank's money)

-A spec tower in a DC suburb (different use = different developers = different amount of money required)

-And a 10 story spec building in Tempe (same as the spec tower)

I can't get that to work.  The pic that you posted is of the rear elevation from the alley.  Can you get the front elevation? 

No problem, should be pasted below

Also to note, here is the .pdf Link:  http://www.nashville.gov/Portals/0/SiteContent/MHZC/docs/2014%20Meetings/05%20May%2021/SR%201320%20Rosa%20Parks%20revised.pdf

Pic, west facing

mUXDKyw.jpg

I was just looking at this on Realtracs.   Looks like it was sold in November, rehabbed and they're looking to flip it.  Interesting to see if it sells at this price.     

Wow!

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1521-Arthur-Ave-Nashville-TN-37208/41098424_zpid/

Edited by HGMIII

Well, it's an apples to oranges comparison, IMO. 

-The "experimental" hotel for a new convention center in Nashville (Omni funds only correct?)

vs

-The anchor hotel for a new convention center and stadium in Atlanta (speculating here, but city money, Omni money, somewhere down the line Falcons/NFL money)

-A hotel/residential tower combination in Louisville (Hotel money, residential developer's money, bank's money)

-A spec tower in a DC suburb (different use = different developers = different amount of money required)

-And a 10 story spec building in Tempe (same as the spec tower)

The examples I gave were of similar sized projects, with similar budgets/finance structures, but a little bit different architecture. 

The Falcons/nfl have nothing to do with the atl Omni project . It's a public private deal like the Nashville project, same with Louisville, they just added a residential /retail component to it. 

The spec buildings were examples of developers building on speculation with no signed leases. The use will be the same - get it 100% leased.

I Guess bland square boxes are the norm these days...seems like developers/architects in every city are doing it. 

Oh well... Maybe one day

The examples I gave were of similar sized projects, with similar budgets/finance structures, but a little bit different architecture. 

The Falcons/nfl have nothing to do with the atl Omni project . It's a public private deal like the Nashville project, same with Louisville, they just added a residential /retail component to it. 

The spec buildings were examples of developers building on speculation with no signed leases. The use will be the same - get it 100% leased.

I Guess bland square boxes are the norm these days...seems like developers/architects in every city are doing it. 

Oh well... Maybe one day

The fact that you're comparing a hospitality related developed to commercial development still confuses me. Two completely different finance structures, two completely different mindsets from both the development and design standpoint. 

The Falcons have everything to do with that Omni project seeing as their need/want for a new stadium is somewhat what sparked all of this. Notice they took the time to include the new stadium in those renderings; that's not just for the location relationship. Believe me, developers and design teams collaborate to show more than just the design. 

Of course the lease will be the same, but you can't compare the designs/rents/lease agreements to buildings in Nashville to those when the leases there are more than likely significantly much more than those of Nashville. 

I'm curious, though, whether the parking structures of the two (Eakin and 1212) will abut or have some kind of connecting element like in the early rendering?    Eakin will have retail on both Demonbreun and 12th.    Ideally, Eakin's retail on 12th would seamlessly adjoin the 1212 retail.      Seamlessly, meaning without a physical break - not that they need to look similar in design or materials.    

One item of note I forgot to mention is that yesterday, there was a worker at Tony's Marriott site, using ground penetrating radar on the property marking any other utilities.

I am hopeful this moves forward and he is able to start construction on this. At this time we do not know who his partners are for the venture. The Next Door is to be moving by August, so the Anchor building may come down as soon as he closes on the property. He has well over 2 million invested in the property towards the purchase. I do not see him walking away from that much money.

• Like 2

Nobody was complaining about the Eakin when it was supposedly going to be 20 stories tall. Now all of the sudden that it turns out to be a little bit shorter than expected it's a bland glass box?... :dontknow:  It looks to me like it's pretty much the same building, just shorter. Not EVERYTHING we are getting is a boring box like some make it seem, look at the SoBro. There is nothing boring or bland about that tower.  

I'm just happy that we're seeing the amount of development that we're getting and parking lots are slowly disappearing. There are a lot of other cities that would be jumping for joy for projects like the Westin and Eakin, yet here all you hear is complaining. I mean, I could see maybe being a little picky if we were getting skyscrapers built left and right, but that's not really the case. You would think an announcement of a projects like these would be welcomed with open arms...but it isn't. I'm just wondering...when the hell did we all start getting so damn picky? 

Amen...

Any plans for a Fendi or Versace in the retail components of any of these new developments?

• Like 3

Nobody was complaining about the Eakin when it was supposedly going to be 20 stories tall. Now all of the sudden that it turns out to be a little bit shorter than expected it's a bland glass box?... :dontknow: It looks to me like it's pretty much the same building, just shorter. Not EVERYTHING we're getting is a boring box like some make it seem, look at the SoBro. There is nothing boring or bland about that tower.

I'm just happy that we're seeing the amount of development we're getting and parking lots are slowly disappearing. There are a lot of other cities that would be jumping for joy for projects like the Westin and Eakin, yet here all you hear is complaining. I mean, I could see maybe being a little picky if we were getting skyscrapers built left and right, but that's not really the case. You would think the announcement of projects like these would be welcomed with open arms...but it isn't. I'm just wondering...when the hell did we all start getting so damn picky?

So now there's a problem with being picky and complaining about everything. 80%+ people that post on here complain and is picky about something.

Let's see:

Amphitheater: design is blah, too modern, looks like it is from the sixties, not enough trees, too small seating area, should be 10k plus, don't need an Amphitheater 

Sounds stadium: dont like it, looks like a bus station, stadium arrangement is wrong, wrong location, shouldn't be named first TN park... On and on 

Convention center redevelopment: too tall for Broadway, ugly design, too futuristic, doesn't address the street, retail not needed, Inside looks like a mall... On and on. 

And these comments were made in the beginning design phases and first renderings

I make one statement about a bland square box, and the pitchforks come out. 

My opinion is just that... My opinion. If you don't like it no need to be nasty and use bad language. 

Agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

Wow! Everyone got their panties in a bunch! It's just a rendering folks. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

- When is the last time a 15 story office building was built in Cool Springs? .....never

- ParkAve: you know, Embry may surprise us. But I don't think he can pull something that caliber

- Sony is going to Fifth Third building which is for sale

Good morning!

I have an older computer and do not have the function as far as I can tell. I know Apple has the function, but I am not an Apple user either.

I have never had an apple computer.  look to the right of the f12 button.  there should be a print screen button.  hit ctrl+print screen.  then I usually just use paint to paste it and save it as a file.