Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Hmmmm, maybe he was the only guy to pitch the idea? Why jump to a "must be racism" conclusion?

Sorry, white privilege does not equal racism. And you can say "maybe" about anything.

If the city the stadium is supposed to help revitalize Jefferson St and North Nashville, maybe the city should attempt to utilize those businesses.

• Like 1

Well it's no surprise that the one white guy making hot chicken in Nashville gets this major deal in favor of the numerous hot chicken establishments located in the North Nashville community. Hhhmmm, White Priviledge?

Hattie B's is owned by a white family and in terms of volume of sales is easily the biggest hot chicken restaurant in Nashville.

Party Fowl is also "white owned"...

When you really get down to it, you have Princes (she loves her location and rumor is she will be opening another location in the Germantown/Jefferson St area soon), Boltons (has recently opened a second location on 8th), and 400 Deg's 

Throwing race around blindly is so easy and the cheapest way into any argument.

Hattie B's is owned by a white family and in terms of volume of sales is easily the biggest hot chicken restaurant in Nashville.

Party Fowl is also "white owned"...

When you really get down to it, you have Princes (she loves her location and rumor is she will be opening another location in the Germantown/Jefferson St area soon), Boltons (has recently opened a second location on 8th), and 400 Deg's 

Throwing race around blindly is so easy and the cheapest way into any argument.

You missed Helens, but there are more than just the one's you listed.

The very fact that hot chicken was once exclusively in the black community and then a white person comes along and opens up their version and gets rich, and only then the city claims that it's "Nashville's food" pretty much defines white privilege.

im not about to drag this forum down by engaging in this debate, but, the Nashville Hot Chicken festival started before Hattie B's, Pepper Fire, or Party Fowl were ever even open. The fact that former mayor Purcell helped develop that event was the biggest turning point for hot chicken becoming "Nashville's Food"...not a bunch of white folks coming in and starting their own versions.

• Like 1

The very fact that hot chicken was once exclusively in the black community and then a white person comes along and opens up their version and gets rich, and only then the city claims that it's "Nashville's food" pretty much defines white privilege.

Get out of here with this crap.

• Like 3

im not about to drag this forum down by engaging in this debate, but, the Nashville Hot Chicken festival started before Hattie B's, Pepper Fire, or Party Fowl were ever even open. The fact that former mayor Purcell helped develop that event was the biggest turning point for hot chicken becoming "Nashville's Food"...not a bunch of white folks coming in and starting their own versions.

Right and it is only within the past few years that Nashville has claimed hot chicken...although it's been around for decades. I'm sure the other hot chicken establishments had the connections and were in the loop to pitch their hot chicken for the stadium.

What are you talking about? Hot Chicken has been known as a Nashville food for years. And I don't particularly care what color the person who makes it is.

Before you start throwing around the damning accusations of racism then you need to provide some actual evidence to support your claim. If not, then I'm inclined to believe you're just trying to troll the forum.

• Like 1

When you really get down to it, you have Princes (she loves her location and rumor is she will be opening another location in the Germantown/Jefferson St area soon)

What?!   Prince's only weakness is the remote location.  If she could franchise closer to town, they'd be unstoppable!  They also need to serve beer, though.  

What are you talking about? Hot Chicken has been known as a Nashville food for years. And I don't particularly care what color the person who makes it is.

Before you start throwing around the damning accusations of racism then you need to provide some actual evidence to support your claim. If not, then I'm inclined to believe you're just trying to troll the forum.

No one threw around accusations of racism. Maybe you should google or wikipedia white privilege and educate yourself on the concept before you start throwing around the word racism and accuse someone of trolling.

I'm glad you don't care who makes your hot chicken. I'm sure the stadium will produce plenty of minimum wage oppurtunities for people of any color to cook it for you.

Edited by think365

I've tried, I think, all the others (except for Helen's), not to mention the variations in upscale places like Silo and Tenn16, and Pepperfire is my personal favorite. Great mix of flavor and heat, plus they have some inventive options like the Tender Royale. But hot chicken preference is subjective. Congrats to Pepperfire for landing this deal. Also, glad that after their move this Spring, they will be only 3 blocks from my house.

• Like 1

I've tried, I think, all the others (except for Helen's), not to mention the variations in upscale places like Silo and Tenn16, and Pepperfire is my personal favorite. Great mix of flavor and heat, plus they have some inventive options like the Tender Royale. But hot chicken preference is subjective. Congrats to Pepperfire for landing this deal. Also, glad that after their move this Spring, they will be only 3 blocks from my house.

Admittedly, I must've been dead or some'n'.  I never even heard of this "PepperFire", until you's guys brought it up, so I reckon I just better get out of seclusion for just once and try it out.  I've been to the Prince's "landmark" a few times many years ago, but it's so far out and the lines have been way too long whenever I did go, that it was hard to want to return.

Generally, I've been loath to try out any of these places that everyone mentions from time to time, because without someone going with me to tell me what floats their taste the best, then being uninformed I likely would end up just getting only something generic-sounding (and tastin').  Also it's been an issue for me to get "dug" out from the ol' Saturday comfort zone and check out the streams once in a while.

-==-

I'm excited about the projects on Buchanan. Several new builds going on up here as well, one on Delta and one at Clay and 10th.

Kudzu' home on Arthur sold for 250k and the one on 11tg is under contract.

What sucks is that there are sellers now who have no idea how much work goes into a remodel, trying to sell near tear downs for 90 dollars a foot.

• Like 1

Admittedly, I must've been dead or some'n'.  I never even heard of this "PepperFire", until you's guys brought it up, so I reckon I just better get out of seclusion for just once and try it out.  I've been to the Prince's "landmark" a few times many years ago, but it's so far out and the lines have been way too long whenever I did go, that it was hard to want to return.

Generally, I've been loath to try out any of these places that everyone mentions from time to time, because without someone going with me to tell me what floats their taste the best, then being uninformed I likely would end up just getting only something generic-sounding (and tastin').  Also it's been an issue for me to get "dug" out from the ol' Saturday comfort zone and check out the streams once in a while.

-==-

Im the same way, I love trying new places, but I like to go with someone that has been before so that they can help me order the right thing.

Jim & Trust Development have sold Gramcery site (Monroe & 7th) to Hidden Valley Homes

behind paywall on Nashville Post

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/1/7/germantown_row_house_project_to_get_new_developer

The Gramercy was actually pretty interesting looking.  I hope Hidden Valley keeps the design. 

Dispite this other debate you guys are having, I'm thrilled to hear they will have Pepperfire at the stadium. It's good to have local flavor avaliable amongst all of the typical Aramark crap. I hope they get Yazoo on tap to go with it

That'd be phenomenal. A Hop Project would go nicely with some hot chicken!

• Like 1

I have issued you a warning. Please do not post inflammatory/derogatory content. Similar future posts from you will result in suspension and ultimately a ban.

• Like 1