Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Prince's wouldn't work anyway. The game would be over before anyone's hot chicken orders would be completed. You'd have to call in your orders before the first pitch.

Personally, I prefer to take my hot chicken in the comfort of my home anyway. I don't like people seeing me simultaneously snot, sweat and cry as I savor it.

• Like 1

I'm excited about the projects on Buchanan. Several new builds going on up here as well, one on Delta and one at Clay and 10th.

Kudzu' home on Arthur sold for 250k and the one on 11tg is under contract.

What sucks is that there are sellers now who have no idea how much work goes into a remodel, trying to sell near tear downs for 90 dollars a foot.

I agree with you on people in the market trying to do cheap flips. Many of those old homes in that area are ok structurally, but have poor floor plans that don't maximize space, poor insulation, and some type of siding that is inadequate by today's standards covering the original siding of the home. To demand those prices a lot needs to be addressed other than just putting down some new flooring, changing fixtures, and painting.

L&C Garage at 144 Fifth Ave. is under contract by Elmington Capital.  "“It’s an opportunity to acquire an income-producing property with strong future residual land value for a future office building, hotel or apartment."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/01/02/elmington-capital-lc-garage-contract/21196303/

So where is the parking for the L&C tower occupants going to be?

I didn't really know whether to place this in the Gulch thread or here...but since Cummins Station is on the SoBro side of the tracks, I'll stick it here.

This is an older article (from last Oct)...but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about any new proposals for the use of this land around Cummins Station?  The owner seems to want to do something big (mixed use) and owns over 7 acres surrounding the structure...and says he's looking to possibly join forces with other developers/builders.  I would imagine after the Gulch bridge is completed, this will be a prime spot...especially as close to the MCC, the new Westin and JWMarriott hotels.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/10/cummins-station-owner-buying-land-to-create-sobro.html

Is that right beside the 1212 building (across the street)?

It used to be the Keith-Sinclair Company bldg at one time -- a mini industrial supply "superstore" -- one of several locally "de facto" standard wholesalers of which had been located within the gulch before the railroad began to accelerate its sale of industrial real estate along 11th Ave Industrial.  Keith-Sinclair locally and regionally sold industrial processing supplies which normally would have been available only through special order by jobbers.  Behind it, nearby Ashe-McNeil Welding Supply (on Pine St) also had been a main-stay, where I used to get my tanks filled until about 15 years ago (the bldg. was transformed into today's Turnip Truck).

-==-

I didn't really know whether to place this in the Gulch thread or here...but since Cummins Station is on the SoBro side of the tracks, I'll stick it here.

This is an older article (from last Oct)...but I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about any new proposals for the use of this land around Cummins Station?  The owner seems to want to do something big (mixed use) and owns over 7 acres surrounding the structure...and says he's looking to possibly join forces with other developers/builders.  I would imagine after the Gulch bridge is completed, this will be a prime spot...especially as close to the MCC, the new Westin and JWMarriott hotels.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/10/cummins-station-owner-buying-land-to-create-sobro.html

Not yet. Thanks for the reminder.

• Like 1

To finish up my comments about the construction noise, I will say that I am a HUGE supporter of the free market and believe that (almost) all government rules and regulations do more harm than good.  So, I will take my comments to the company who is making the noise and ask them to be thoughtful members of our community.

On Wednesday, the fencing started going up on the Division lots that Crescent is developing.

To finish up my comments about the construction noise, I will say that I am a HUGE supporter of the free market and believe that (almost) all government rules and regulations do more harm than good.  So, I will take my comments to the company who is making the noise and ask them to be thoughtful members of our community.

On Wednesday, the fencing started going up on the Division lots that Crescent is developing.

In general, or specifically when it comes to planning/zoning/the built environment? Believe me, you don't want to see the cluster that is of a city with loose planning and zoning regulations.

• Like 2

George Jones Museum takes shape with details, opening date

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/01/george-jones-museum-takes-shape-with-details.html

This will make a nice addition to the downtown collection of Museums.

"The museum will also feature a restaurant, an event space, a gift shop and a 75-foot rooftop bar overlooking the Cumberland River. The museum has partnered with Kentucky-based Silver Trail Distillery to produce White Lightnin' Moonshine, an homage to one of Jones' first chart-toppers."

The Building is located at 128 2nd Ave N.(the dark brick building)

george-jones-bldg*304xx640-426-0-47.jpg

• Like 2

Does anyone have any idea why 909 Flats on Rosa Parks seems to be taking forever to build?

No idea! Looks like they're finally starting to pour some concrete for the foundation and parking deck, and a crane is up now. Should hopefully speed up soon.