Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I'm very excited about this project.

Heck, I'm excited about *any* new hotel project near the CBD. The fact that they're rehabilitating and restoring a historic building is just icing on the cake.  If the recent NRA convention showed us anything, it's that the hotel market in town is very vibrant and no where near capacity. When Knights Inn feels like it can charge $250+ for a room, then there's no reason there aren't hundreds more rooms in the area.

• Like 2

Cocktail bar slated for SoBro

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/04/cocktail-bar-slated-for-sobro.html

This is kind of in a "dead area"...so this should help. I googled mapped it and there is a Subway next door. Kind of strange to have a subway in that area.

Whoa, I had no idea there was a Subway there. Weird.

Could be a cool space for a tucked away cocktail bar. Lends itself to a speakeasy vibe. I just hope they don't overdo it like so many places do.

Whoa, I had no idea there was a Subway there. Weird.

Could be a cool space for a tucked away cocktail bar. Lends itself to a speakeasy vibe. I just hope they don't overdo it like so many places do.

And it's just down the street (5th) from a tucked away brewery.    Czann's sits at the corner of 5th and Lea, although there's no signage so you have to know it's there!    

This 2 or 3 block area in SoBro is about the most "nowhere" spot in downtown, with virtually no vehicle or foot traffic - today.    That's almost certain to change in the next few years.     

I am thinking there will be five projects underway within about a three block area underway very soon.

The Alliance project underway

The Fountains, about to start

The Price development project at the Fomosa site, being demoed now

The Oakgrove project, moving through planning

The Lifestyle project, also moving through planning

This will change the entire dynamic of that part of Germantown for sure.

Also in the middle of the mix is

The Barista Parlot

Jack Browns Joint

TheSouthern Broom building conversion to a restaurant, and

The Peafowl project with either 3 or 4 restaurants there

Go across Jefferson and you have the

Carallon project, under construction

The Sounds stadium, under construction

The new parking garage that will have retail, under construction

The Sounds residential project rumored to start this year, 3 buildings

The Stockyard,Llewelyn project

The Giest House renovation

That is a total of 13 projects in about the same number of blocks.

• Like 4

Cocktail bar slated for SoBro

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/04/cocktail-bar-slated-for-sobro.html

This is kind of in a "dead area"...so this should help. I googled mapped it and there is a Subway next door. Kind of strange to have a subway in that area.

I passed by that Subway the other day.  Very strange location.  Almost like they are waiting for the area to change.

I passed by that Subway the other day.  Very strange location.  Almost like they are waiting for the area to change.

There's a Quizno's a block to the east, as well as a hot chicken place, I think, so they aren't too far from civilization.

In any case locating there appears to have been a very forward-thinking move, at least until they get displaced by the next development.

That is a whole lot of inventory for the market to digest. Better hope the economy doesn't hit a road bump or you might have some unfinished projects or lots of empty units.

Since 2010 Nashville has been adding 10k residents a year, 2x the growth experienced from 2000-2010. I don't think we'll have any trouble absorbing the units. Of course a major economic downturn could impact the financing backing their construction.

Edited by Rockatansky

A bump in the economy would hurt everything everywhere, however the last bust I could see coming. This time Nashville is in a different category. These types of units need to keep going up to bring the rental rates down. With the numbers of people coming here, no slow down for at least five years and that is coming from several realtors I have spoken too or read about.

Btw, Samson, you have. Been saying this for three years now and it's still going.