Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

New project for Germantown along the river bank...next to the old meat packing plant.

TriBridge Residential is under contract to buy a 3.8-acre site in Germantown, on a bluff overlooking the Cumberland River. The developer plans a complex with about 250 units and intends to renovate an existing 20,000-square-foot building into commercial space that could be occupied by some noted Atlanta restaurants.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/11/exclusive-developer-pursues-riverfront-project-in.html

• Like 3

Completion of Stix public art project in center of Music City Circle Roundabout delayed until Dec. 31:

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/11/10/stix_completion_date_extended_as_contractor_added

Does anyone know exactly how Stix pays homage to the Native Americans from Middle Tennessee?  Is it the color of the poles...or color combinations?  Just wondering if there's a detailed explanation of this anywhere?

Does anyone know exactly how Stix pays homage to the Native Americans from Middle Tennessee?  Is it the color of the poles...or color combinations?  Just wondering if there's a detailed explanation of this anywhere?

His proposed work is a composition of native hardwood and natural colors – red orange, light blue, dark blue, light green and egg white, a homage to the Native Americans who first populated Middle Tennessee – with approximately 27 painted red cedar poles standing 70-feet tall. They will be spaced in an irregular organic pattern throughout the surface area of the roundabout. Moeller’s proposal calls for the verticality of the poles to vary between zero- to 15-degrees from the center axis.

Moeller states, “During this process, I revisited Native American arts and was reminded of the striking distribution of color applied to natural surfaces, very often wood, in these native works. Instead of developing an artwork for the roundabout, my goal became to turn the entire roundabout into an artwork.”

• Like 3

A little odd not to have a single 1 bed unit.  I think the decision to have 4 x 4 bed penthouses is a bit strange too.  I think the demographic for an industrial area like that is probably looking for 2 or maybe 3 with more entertaining space.  If things slow down this could be the "West End" of 2017 given the price point.

A little odd not to have a single 1 bed unit.  I think the decision to have 4 x 4 bed penthouses is a bit strange too.  I think the demographic for an industrial area like that is probably looking for 2 or maybe 3 with more entertaining space.  If things slow down this could be the "West End" of 2017 given the price point.

Agreed, Some very expensive project coming online in 2017 it seems. Any sort of economic slowdown or rise in interest rates will make these a tough sell.

An old Neuhoff project was one of my favorite potential developments back in the day (circa 2006, before the bust).  Glad to see something else beginning to materialize.  Can't believe it's been that long, but if the new 5th and Broad gets going (desperately need something like this along with Capitol View, possible Lifeway, OneC1ty, etc.; i.e. several retail heavy and mixed use centers spread around town), then I think Nashville will be in full snowball effect mode.  It's amazing what 10 years has done (mostly beneficial) to this city and that AP never could pull off WES.

Edited by timmay143
  • Like 1

"The (SoBro) property is a great downtown location, and would be an exciting place for our new building. But, we have concluded it’s not the best location for LifeWay," Rainer said in his memo to employees. "We simply have found other potential downtown properties that are a better fit for LifeWay’s future."

I suspect either the fast evolving, bustling proximity to Ascend and that SoBro entertainment magnet district as a whole, or that with a backlash combination of undisclosed terms with MDHA, could have been instrumental in this IMO,  That the "Hill" portion of SoBro is transforming into a lodging district as well, also seems somewhat not aligned to the mission of LifeWay's SBC affiliation, although if it intends to arrange a lease-back deal with the purchaser, Uptown Nashville, of its current campus, then it may elect to reconsider its transitional path with Uptown, in lieu of a totally new HQ.  Right now nothing would surprise me.  -==-

• Like 1

I actually feel good about this.  I was never convinced that the KVB/1st Avenue site was the best fit for them, nor the district.  That corner would seem to be much better suited for hotel w/ restaurant/entertainment on first few floors.  I think the idea of staying as a lessee with the Uptown Development would make sense in that it would retain some of the Southern Baptist sense of history on that site, and the employees would be more comfortable with the traffic flow, surrounding neighborhood, etc.  But, then again, perhaps they will be looking at at one of the sections of Capitol View or one of the segments of land in the mid-Gulch between McGavock and Charlotte, or maybe something on the east side around I-24/65 and Main Street near where the Shoney's is today.  

• Like 1

Twenty Four unit , seven story condo planned on riverfront. I knew something was up with this property a while back. I have the rendering but will have to wait and post.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/16/24-unit-condo-project-planned-nashville-riverfront/75886290/

Edited by smeagolsfree
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Twenty Four unit , seven story condo planned on riverfront. I knew something was up with this property a while back. I have the rendering but will have to wait and post.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/16/24-unit-condo-project-planned-nashville-riverfront/75886290/

Here's a pic of the site and two renderings.  It is right next to the 99-year-old CSX railroad bridge over the Cumberland.

Devine Riverfront condos site.JPG

Water Twoer condos b, Nov. 2015.png

Watertower Condos a, Nov. 2015.png

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 3