Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

NBJ has an article about Aspire Health's move to the CBD... to the ATT building.  They have an option for a second floor for future expansion, but they predict need for more space than that in a few years.  

Subscriber... http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/11/running-out-of-room-spire-health-makes-move-to.html

• Like 1

New multi-million dollar 4-story entertainment complex dubbed Almost Famous being built in 140-year-old structure on 2nd Avenue that formerly held Silver Dollar Saloon. Will feature massive rooftop bar that reaches from 2nd Ave. all the way to 1st Avenue overlooking the river. Developers say it will be an upscale place, "a date-worthy experience" with "record-deal-worthy live music."  Besides huge bars and stages on each floor, the food menu is being described as "Southern cuisine with a Vegas flair." Opening is scheduled for June of next year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/11/the-pitch-for-nashvilles-newest-honky-tonk-upscale.html

• Like 2

On 11/25/2015, 4:52:25, markhollin said:

New multi-million dollar 4-story entertainment complex dubbed Almost Famous being built in 140-year-old structure on 2nd Avenue that formerly held Silver Dollar Saloon. Will feature massive rooftop bar that reaches from 2nd Ave. all the way to 1st Avenue overlooking the river. Developers say it will be an upscale place, "a date-worthy experience" with "record-deal-worthy live music."  Besides huge bars and stages on each floor, the food menu is being described as "Southern cuisine with a Vegas flair." Opening is scheduled for June of next year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2015/11/the-pitch-for-nashvilles-newest-honky-tonk-upscale.html

The Silver Dollar Saloon building itself is very small.   I expect most of the new stages and rooftop bar will be in the addition.    I'd be interested to see a rendering of the proposed addition and how it fits with the historic structure.  

Silver Dollar

^ ^ ^ This new bar will be located in the former location of the most recent Silver Dollar Saloon, which was half a block north of the original building on the corner.  Almost Famous will be part of the Watkins Building (same structure that houses the Hard Rock Cafe).  Here is an archive photo showing the building (I think it was built in 1815) with the small, original Silver Dollar Saloon on the corner of Second and Broadway in the lower right of the photo.

3558.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

The  photo you have posted is the "historic" Silver Dollar Saloon building, but this new club is  going into 110 2nd Ave  N, a few storefronts north where the non historic business was  located.

Ahh, thanks, didn't realize that.   Glad they aren't messing with the historic saloon on the corner!   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow!  That came out of the blue... I'm not crazy about the style, but at least it's not boring.  I'm not familiar with the name. 

Yeah, I'm not familiar with "The Joseph" brand either.  Perhaps it is going to be more of a large boutique kind of enterprise.  The Pizzuti folks have done some interesting developments in Ohio.  They had mentioned when they were bidding on the site back in the summer that they were interested in doing up to 30 stories for a possible high-end hotel.  While not quite that, it still looks like a quality addition to our hotel inventory around the MCC.

Here is a link to the LeMeridien/Joseph Hotel in Columbus, Ohio:

http://www.lemeridiencolumbus.com

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

I love it!  I know that the constant whining about bland boxes gets old, but this is the kind of innovation I'm talking about.  This is how you have your cake and eat it too.  The developer still gets the cost saving box design template, but the city gets something interesting to look at that it can be proud of at the same time.  It doesn't take much.  Just a nip and a tuck here and there.  Nobody is suggesting that every project need be a masterpiece, but a little effort wouldn't hurt anybody.  Great stuff.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Joseph is on 4th and KVB. Tri-Brand Marriot is on 5th and KVB. Plus the possibility for another hotel on 6th, another a few blocks south on 5th, etc etc...if you look at all the projects in the works in the SoBro/Lafayette area, this area of downtown will be extremely alive and vibrant in a few years.

OK... I was wondering... because the TriBrand rendering looks like it is at the SE corner of 5th Ave. and KVB, which would put it on the same block.  So it's on the opposite corner?  I saw what may be the same hotel on 6th you're referring to... anyone heard which flag that will have?

12 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

OK... I was wondering... because the TriBrand rendering looks like it is at the SE corner of 5th Ave. and KVB, which would put it on the same block.  So it's on the opposite corner?  I saw what may be the same hotel on 6th you're referring to... anyone heard which flag that will have?

yes, i think you're correct. they will be side by side. i had thought it was across the street on 5th but when checking property records it appears to be directly next to the Joseph.

• Like 1

Some more info from the amended Tennessean article this morning:

Construction of Pizzuti's Nashville mixed-use project is expected to start in the summer with opening anticipated in 2018.

The full-service, luxury The Joseph Nashville will have a strong focus on contemporary design, art, music and cuisine and showcase work of Tennessee visual and performing artists. In addition to the roughly 300 guest rooms, it will feature banquet and meeting facilities, restaurant, bar, rooftop spa, swimming pool and a structured parking garage that includes 180 spaces for exclusive use by the Symphony.

Joel S. Pizzuti, a Vanderbilt graduate and president of the The Pizzuti Cos., called the project's SoBro location one of Nashville's most vibrant and exciting neighborhoods.

"We've had our eye on Nashville for some time," he said.

The project team includes Arquitectonica; Elness Swenson Graham Architects; EDGE Planning, Landscape Architecture & Urban Design; and Brasfield & Gorrie.

And this interesting tidbit from the Nashville Business Journal:

The hotel will sit atop a five-story parking garage. A Metro water tunnel cuts diagonally underneath the site, which will prevent much of any excavation. Because of that limit, Pizzuti may seek to build slightly closer to Korean Veterans Boulevard than present zoning allows, based on drawings submitted to MDHA.

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Is the LeMeriden Joseph on the same block as the proposed 14-story Holiday Inn and the Tri-brand Marriott hotels?   Anyone have a room total for that block?

Looks like it will be just shy of 1,000 rooms between the three projects on that one block.

I hope the city has preserved rights of way across all of Sobro for street alignment. If not.... then chalk one more up to administration incompetence. Can you tell I'm a pessimist on this subject? 

Also, this has not been posted yet. William Williams at the Post included this in his report on the Joseph Hotel. 

Joseph%20site%20plan.png

• Like 1