Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

This is going to be quite a transformation from the 3-story, crumbling brick building that is on this site.  It butts-up against the back side of the former 12th and Porter music club.

After talking to someone about the land flip, I will say that Reynolds had been working on getting the parcel for years and  probably had negotiated a price  a good while back. He had been working with a developer and had a bite and made the deal. He had the option on the property I am sure through a contract with the price set.

• Like 2

It's crazy how long it is taking to take down the UMPCH building for the JW Marriott.  In the time it takes to get that site cleared and excavated could the Westin be topped out by that point?  I also drove by the Skyhouse yesterday and it looked like they were up to the 5th floor.  The skyline really is starting to feel like it is linked from downtown to the Gulch and Midtown. Can't wait to see what is announced or breaks ground next!

1 hour ago, wreynol4 said:

It's crazy how long it is taking to take down the UMPCH building for the JW Marriott.  In the time it takes to get that site cleared and excavated could the Westin be topped out by that point?  I also drove by the Skyhouse yesterday and it looked like they were up to the 5th floor.  The skyline really is starting to feel like it is linked from downtown to the Gulch and Midtown. Can't wait to see what is announced or breaks ground next!

They really have not started bringing down the back portion either. Imagine how long it will take to bring the old CC down.

Wow... must be built like a vault.  And they're going with the demo day and NIGHT?  Or only at night?  That day shot doesn't look like they're doing any work.  Has groundbreaking for the JWM been set/announced? 

Would be nice if that side of 8th gets the trees like the MCC side.  A tree lined urban block there would be nice, especially so close to the roundabout.  BTW: The plan to put roundabouts along the US27 expansion in Chattanooga was panned... and eventually eliminated due to roundabouts not being pedestrian friendly.  

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Wow... must be built like a vault.  And they're going with the demo day and NIGHT?  Or only at night?  That day shot doesn't look like they're doing any work.

Definitely working during the day as well--just not so close to the street. They were on it before I arrived at work this morning and are typically still going when I leave for the day.

• Like 1

Ground-breaking next week on 244-unit, 5-story Price Development Group apartment building in Germantown.  At junction of Fourth Ave. and Monroe (catty-corner to 312 Pizza).  A formal name of the structure will be announced soon.  Below is the first rendering.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/12/7/groundbreaking_looms_for_germantown_apartment_project

Price Development 3rd & Monroe, Germantonw, Dec. 2015 render.png

• Like 4

Thanks for the photo... I must say that I find myself looking past this one.  It's so generic.. so much like the buildings around it, and yet not even as striking... such as Icon, which has enough variation in exterior and height, 1212 which has height... and even the Terrazo which is a far more interesting looking building.  This one looks like an annex of the 1212.  Very bland. 

^ ^ ^ I think 15 is where they will finish.  When I saw the original plans, I feared that it would be dwarfed by 1212…but I think they will look really good together.  It looks like it might actually have as much--or even more-- square footage due to its width.  I know its a box…but it looks pretty good from street level. 

• Like 3

Local partnership pays Fifteenth Avenue Baptist Church $1.15M for land at 10th and Scovel. Paid $1.15 million for 0.69 acres at 10th and Scovel in Historic Buena Vista with plans for a workforce housing
development:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/09/workforce-housing-eyed-historic-buena-vista-site/77047942/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Local partnership pays Fifteenth Avenue Baptist Church $1.15M for land at 10th and Scovel. Paid $1.15 million for 0.69 acres at 10th and Scovel in Historic Buena Vista with plans for a workforce housing
development:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/09/workforce-housing-eyed-historic-buena-vista-site/77047942/

Cottage Partners, as mentioned in the article, also own a big parcel on Monroe where they're planning about 18 townhomes at workforce pricing ($250k range).  Our neighborhood association met with them earlier in the fall to go over the proposal, which I feel positive about.  They're in the process of rezoning right now.

• Like 3