Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

29 minutes ago, maf1995 said:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/16/nashville-federal-courthouse-funding-sight/77281274/

Looks like the federal courthouse funding has been approved!

"The fiscal year 2016 Omnibus Appropriations bill Congress unveiled late Tuesday includes the full $181.5 million for design and construction of the building planned along Church Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues."

" Kevin Sharp, chief judge for the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee, expects some redesign of the project because of the age of the original drawings. The new courthouse would have to meet current design guidelines."

• Like 2

17 hours ago, CenterHill said:

It's an impressive tract they've assembled.   Needless to say, I would hate for anything adverse to happen to the Standard building or the Westview. 

Can anything happen to the Westview?.  Wouldn't the assn. have to reach a concensus vote, or something along that format?  Otherwise, all I couldn't foresee beyond some contractor/developer have some "errant" heavy equipment "accidentally" destroy some of the Westview contiguous to the property lines (which we all know is never possible). -==-

rookzie

The HOA would have to entertain any offers. We have heard that if 75% of the owners of a condo building with more than 4 units vote to sell they carry the day. We have 9 owners in our building so if 7 vote to sell I think the building must sell. This question is why are having our attorney research the matter.

We have not received any indication that an offer is forthcoming. To an owner we enjoy living here and though the next several years will be challenging due to construction, it would take a hefty premium to get the owner's attention.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2015 at 3:56 PM, markhollin said:

Ground-breaking next week on 244-unit, 5-story Price Development Group apartment building in Germantown.  At junction of Fourth Ave. and Monroe (catty-corner to 312 Pizza).  A formal name of the structure will be announced soon.  Below is the first rendering.

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/12/7/groundbreaking_looms_for_germantown_apartment_project

Price Development 3rd & Monroe, Germantonw, Dec. 2015 render.png

This was today.  Another one on the rise.  I assume the elevation above is along the north side of Monroe. http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/15/work-starts-244-unit-germantown-apartments/77386014/

11 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

This was today.  Another one on the rise.  I assume the elevation above is along the north side of Monroe. http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/15/work-starts-244-unit-germantown-apartments/77386014/

You are correct. The left portion of the rendering will be opposite Barrista Parlor at 4th and Monroe.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mwill18 said:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/12/16/nashville-federal-courthouse-funding-sight/77281274/

Looks like the federal courthouse funding has been approved!

"The fiscal year 2016 Omnibus Appropriations bill Congress unveiled late Tuesday includes the full $181.5 million for design and construction of the building planned along Church Street between Seventh and Eighth avenues."

Welcome to the forum mwill18!  They still have to pass the budget, but it's looking good.

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Welcome to the forum mwill18!  They still have to pass the budget, but it's looking good.

Thanks smeagolsfree! I've always kind of sat on the sidelines and watched, but I thought I would finally join in on the fun. It's amazing to see the transformation Nashville has gone through while I've been at school the last 5 months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I'd say it's more Nashville is more like Austin than just about any city.  Nashville doesn't really remind me of Boston at all.

The only respect that I think Nashville is a bit like Boston is the funky street grid, which may be what Pete is referencing.

As far as built environment and culture, yeah, Nashville and Austin do have a bit in common.

• Like 1

So, the state announced yesterday that they have acquired a new parking lot at the corner of 10th Ave N and Jo Johnston Ave. Sort of surprised me that what should be such valuable land (with its proximity to the Capitol View project) would be gobbled up for surface parking. Maybe the state will flip it in a few years.