Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Indeed, it is going to be theMerle Haggard Museum. To be located in a SoBro building adjacent to the structure housing the Cash facility, the future museum space also will offer Merle’s Meat + 3 Saloon. 

The cost to get the cultural attraction operational was not disclosed in a release.

The Southern-style restaurant and bar bearing the Haggard name will see Icon collaborating with long-time Nashville-based restaurant operator David Swett. The original Swett's meat-and-three opened in North Nashville in 1954.

The building will house the restaurant and bar on the ground level with the museum on an upper floor.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/tourism/article/20980978/merle-haggard-museum-to-open-in-sobro-in-2018

Merle Haggard Museum.png

Merle Haggard Museum 2.png

Merle Haggard Museum 3.png

• Like 3

A little weird to name it Merle's Meat & 3 Powered by Swett's.  Shouldn't it be Swett's at Merle's Museum?

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I don't understand how these museums based around a single person survive.  

I don't think it would work in every city...but with people coming from all over the world for the "country" experience, it can work here.  However...I'm sure there will be a tipping point.

1 minute ago, Pdt2f said:

From Charlotte, between 7th and 6th avenues. 

A96AD939-4F8D-440A-BB38-450D82BB8AE9.jpeg

Very interesting!

• Like 3

I absolutely think that there's a market for a Merle Haggard museum, especially since it'll also have a restaurant run by Swett's (yes!).  I know when I have out-of-town guests visit, they want to experience these kinds of things.  The restaurant alone could probably make enough money to pay the mortgage.

• Like 4

I would like if they’d just wrap up Nelson and Jennings and the gang and did an “Outlaw Country Museum.” I would definitely go see that. And if they have a Cline museum they definitely could do a Hank Williams Museum. His son has had a long and storied enough career, and has enough of a devoted following, to where they could probably make it a Sr/Jr museum. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

His son has had a long and storied enough career, and has enough of a devoted following, to where they could probably make it a Sr/Jr museum. 

hell, you even have Hank III....though he tries to distances his self from his dad (still looks up to and models himself after his grandfather)

I with the rest of yall though, give me a Hank Sr museum before anyone else.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2017 at 3:52 PM, smeagolsfree said:

They are trying to call HBV, Historic Germantown West. Come on guys, this is getting stupid. These realtors are trying to as William says, Whitewash the neighborhood, after gentrification with no regard to the residents or the past.

There is now very little to be called historic in many of the neighborhoods now as developers come in and tear it all down. 

Historic West End Park is a prime example. There are maybe a half dozen buildings in that neighbor hood that predate  1980 now.

I will get of my soap box now and hush.

As the husband of a realtor, I'll be honest with you, a LOT of these "names" for neighborhoods come from the developers themselves and their affiliated marketing teams.  I hate it too, but they have to have something to hang their hats on when marketing these gentrified spaces.

• Like 1

I have read the proposed revised Broadway Historic district overlay guidelines.  Most of the updated guidelines are good.  However I have one concern the guidelines propose allowing a 12 and 18 story infill building near the acme building on 1st ave south next to the shelby street bridge.  All other infill buildings are restricted to 90 feet tall in the overlay area.  My concern that this building is out of scale with the adjacent 4 story historic buildings.  By allowing a tall building 18 versus 6 floors is not appropriate.  All other property owners are resticted to this lower height

11 minutes ago, madisonman said:

I have read the proposed revised Broadway Historic district overlay guidelines.  Most of the updated guidelines are good.  However I have one concern the guidelines propose allowing a 12 and 18 story infill building near the acme building on 1st ave south next to the shelby street bridge.  All other infill buildings are restricted to 90 feet tall in the overlay area.  My concern that this building is out of scale with the adjacent 4 story historic buildings.  By allowing a tall building 18 versus 6 floors is not appropriate.  All other property owners are resticted to this lower height

Isn't there some type of allowance depending on how far off of Broadway you are?  I think they allowed some extra height for the Hilton...right?  And...Batman Building is pretty close to Broadway, isn't it?  

• Like 3

not really batman bldg and Hilton not in district.  so regulations do not apply.  currently on broadway infill can be 65 feet high and further away south of broadway allowed to be 75 feet and further away near sheby bridge up to 90 feet.  proposed new is 220 feet on one parcel only on 1st and shelby bridge.