Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Downtown’s Barristers Building is listed for sale for about $5.3 million, a mere seven months after it sold for $2.7 million.

Of note, the 1927-constructed masonry building also changed ownership hands in November 2014 for about $1.29 million, Metro records show.

Full story behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986073/downtown-property-hits-market-after-recent-sale

Screen Shot 2017-12-14 at 4.03.09 PM.png

• Like 1

Don’t they have pretty severe height restrictions north of Charlotte, to avoid having the state capitol overshadowed? If so, they should remove them. It could help spur big time development in that area, which vastly needs it. I mean, I like the capitol building but it’s not St. Peter’s Basilica. Philadelphia had a similar restriction (although it was an unspoken agreement) and once they got over it they created one of the prettiest skylines in the country. 

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

Don’t they have pretty severe height restrictions north of Charlotte, to avoid having the state capitol overshadowed? If so, they should remove them. It could help spur big time development in that area, which vastly needs it. I mean, I like the capitol building but it’s not St. Peter’s Basilica. Philadelphia had a similar restriction (although it was an unspoken agreement) and once they got over it they created one of the prettiest skylines in the country. 

I 100% agree! This part of the city is long overdue for a growth spurt! Maybe it's just me, but I seriously don't understand the concept of limiting building heights in order to "preserve views" or make sure one building stands out.... The Capitol will remain "that important building up on the hill" whether or not you can see it.

• Like 2

Hammer Mill (6 stories, 259 units, restaurants) update.  Up to 2nd floor in sections of the residential portion now.

Looking north from Neuhoff Packing Plant ramp near Adams St:

Hammer Mill, Dec 10, 2017 1.jpg

Looking NW from Neuhoff Packing Plant ramp:

Hammer Mill, Dec 10, 2017 2.jpg

Looking north from Neuhoff Packing Plant ramp:

Hammer Mill, Dec 10, 2017 3.jpg

Looking NE from Neuhoff Packing Plant ramp:

Hammer Mill, Dec 10, 2017 4.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/16/2017 at 7:39 AM, markhollin said:

Noelle Hotel (11 stories, 166 rooms, remodel and addition) update.

Looking SE along 4th Ave. North at the sign:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 1.jpg

Looking NW from Church St:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 2.jpg

Looking SE along 4th Ave. North at entrance.  Love to marble and wood trim.

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 3.jpg

Looking east into the lobby areas:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 4.jpg

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 5.jpg

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 6.jpg

Looking north into lobby area:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 7.jpg

The side entrance along Church Street:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 8.jpg

Looking NE along Church Street:

Noelle Hotel, Dec 10, 2017 9.jpg

The more I hear and see on this project the more I like. Already looking forward to Drugstore Coffee(Barista Parlor sibling), and the Isle of Printing experience. 

• Like 4

The ballpark apartments/retail are finally to get started. A summer groundbreaking is planned for the 6 story, 285 unit structures that will border First Tennessee Park and front the Cumberland River Greenway. There will be a two year timetable on construction. The complex will be known as The Derby.

Details are to be disclosed in early 2018 for the future building to run along a segment of 3rd Ave. North.

Nashville-based developers and brothers Chris Ward and Tim Ward, who own Ward Brothers Development LLC, will oversee the project. They are partnering with Michael Hayes of C.B. Ragland as well.

The team will go before the Metro Development and Housing Agency Design Review Committee on Tuesday, Dec. 19, to seek site and concept plan approval. The project would sit within MDHA’s Phillips Jackson Redevelopment District and, as such, committee approval is needed.

More details behind the paywall at Nashville Post:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986250/summer-start-slated-for-ballparkarea-project

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.04.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.04.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-18 at 1.04.52 PM.png

• Like 2

In planning for two years, the Ward brothers announced they will start their 285-unit apartment building called The Derby next summer.  It will stand 6-stories tall and have two courtyards. The Wards' father is a majority owner of the Nashville Sounds. An announcement will come in early 2018 regarding the start/construction timetable for an apartment building to run along 3rd Avenue North along the third-base line of the ballpark. Design is by Humphreys and Partners (also designers of Melrose and Bristol West End).

From NP:  https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20986250/summer-start-slated-for-ballparkarea-project

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 3.50.02 PM.png

Screen_Shot_2017_12_17_at_3.52.07_PM.5a36e76c2fc9a.jpg

Screen_Shot_2017_12_17_at_3.51.25_PM.5a36e772df4ab.jpg

Oops! Looks like we hit this at exactly the same time!!!! Can delete mine. 

• Like 3

Well, good to see movement on the apartments.     I've been skeptical that the Wards would follow through.   

The new rendering depicts a more generic design.      While I did prefer the previous red brick design, there's nothing about it that made it a better fit with the stadium.   

Original rendering: 

5N9hgDDjPiKCZHguzt9eWKa5UvHdKB7xAUSA-F9E_puD6cuOzpuNF4zn3QYU1EfFZg=s16383

• Like 1

According to the NBJ, the downtown parking garage at 217 3rd Ave. North has sold for $13.4 million to an investor group that owns nearby high-rise UBS Tower. The seller was NCB Garage Partners, an entity including Nashville businessman Marc Stengel. Premier Parking currently manages the site.

UTgrad09 and I have long thought that site has tremendous possibilities.  To our way of thinking, the garage should be razed, and a new structure that would include several more levels of parking, plus office/residential on top should be considered.  I believe the height limit in that historical district is 10 stories.  There is going to be demand for more parking due to the rebirth of Printers Alley, including 5 new hotels within a block that have very little parking of their own (Dream, Bobby, Fairlane, 21c Museum, and Noelle).  On top of that, 3rd Avenue/Bankers Alley are coming to life with new restaurants as well.  

Perhaps the city would allow them to have several levels below grade, including underneath the wide swath just to the south along  Bankers Alley. Then, the surface spaces that are there now could be obliterated and that turned into a mini plaza for vendors, an outdoor stage, some nice foliage, and creative lighting to increase the foot traffic between 2nd Avenue and 4th Avenue, and help with more nightlife and tourism flow.

Even if it ends up being primarily a 10 story garage (instead of the existing 3), I would hope the developers would have the foresight to put street activating retail/restaurants/clubs at ground level (on three sides: 3rd, Bankers Alley, and Printers Alley), as well as a roof top restaurant/bar.  If the exposed sides could also be designed to fit early 20th century architecture and covered in brick, that would be ever so lovely as well.

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.35.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-19 at 9.36.46 AM.png

• Like 1