Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Tennessean Property is on both sides of 11th and both sides of Broadway. If you look at the massing diagram, the largest building is in the footprint of the TN building itself, but the project in question in the massing is not even visible, as it sits sort of behind the Mandolin shaped building.

14 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

The property is on broadway, 11th, and 12th. The main building touches all three roads, but there are also pieces of property that run along 11th near the 11 north apartments. 

Thanks for explaining. For some reason I was not aware their property was that large.

• Like 1

Phoenix based developer Suncrest has acquired a 71-acre Goodlettsville property for $1.1 million and plans a suburban residential project to be called Parkview Preserve. It will offer 220 single-family homes and townhomes connected to the neighboring Peay Park by walking trails. The address is 198 Memorial Drive, with the property located one-half mile west of Interstate 65.

I know it's several years down the road, but when Asurion vacates their current downtown HQ at 300  2nd Ave. South and 105 Molloy for their new Gateway Gulch campus, I will be very curious about what landlord Michael Hayes might have planned for those structures, along with 105 Molloy, where XO Communications is currently located.  All three of those properties make up the entire block encompassed by 1st and 2nd Avenues on east and west, and Molloy and KVB on north and south.

Obviously, this is prime real estate.  I could envision the possibility of the front 2 and 1 story warehouse strip (where XO Communications currently resides), which was built in 1939, coming down, and a thin 20 story tower of some sort going there, facing 1st Ave. and Ascend Amphitheater.  That way, the other two structures--which were each originally built in 1928 and massively refurbished for the Asurion lease--could be retained and utilized for a new tenant.  Or, I could see all three coming down eventually to make way for something even more stout. 

And, of course, we all have dreams about the massive block just to the west that is currently a surface lot. I still believe that could be home to one of our big boys (maybe two!) in the future. 

Thoughts?

Looking east from the Bridgestone HQ at the entire block.  2nd Ave. South in the foreground.  Molloy on left, and KVB on right. 1st Ave/Ascend Amphitheater at top:

Ragland properties between Molloy and KVB.png

300 2nd Ave. South (originally built in 1928) looking NE from intersection of 2nd Ave. South and KVB:

300 2nd Ave South, 1928.jpg

105 Molloy (originally built in 1928) looking SE from intersection of 2nd Ave. South and Molloy:

105 Molloy, 1928.jpg

101 Molloy St. (originally built in 1939).  Looking south from intersection of 1st Ave. South and Molloy:

101 Molloy, 1939.jpg

• Like 4

I see the XO office building coming down...seems like a no brainer. However, I think it is a long shot he demos the current Asurion space....his company has been very deliberative and to-date has not show a propensity to make such a large gamble.

The inside of the Asurion building is awesome.  Exposed brick, big windows, winding stair cases.  I hope it’s kept and another company enjoys it.  We also occupy the top floor of the XO building and it’s great in there too.  The XO building should come down for something that would really benefit the amphitheater.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Is anyone familiar with this, and/or is willing to comment? This SSP post states a 20-story hotel is proposed for what I'm assuming is the current Asurion site.

http://skyscraperpage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7975226&postcount=2831

Could it also be one of the surface lots on the other side of KVB?

Speaking of 1st and KVB, I'm surprised this one also slipped through the cracks over here (via. SSP)...

25105868887_b1ebf11365_c.jpg

Edited by urbanplanet17

Correct, those are the new renderings for the project and is 26, not 20 floors with a couple of additional buildings.

There is a 20 story hotel proposed for the old Listening Room site and another 18 story hotel at 1st Ave behind acme feed, not to mention the 40 or 45 story on 1st between Demonbreun and the pedstrian bridge, so that is 4 large projects sort of along the river south of Broad.

The 20 story hotel they are talking about may be the one at the listening room site which will be a Hyatt brand of some sort.

• Like 4

Now this is a chunk of land. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991984/large-site-located-near-downtown-listed-for-30m

Kinda not very accessible though. Only get to it from Hermitage. If a non-interstate bridge was ever made on the southside down there it would become a lot more interesting I think. 

2ACDC5BD-706A-49E4-9975-B5139DCBA59F.jpeg

Edited by PaulChinetti
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, DeemonBruhn said:

It’s a Hyatt Centric. Passed through Design Review Committee about a month ago.

This is the first I am hearing about this, and it's not on the development map. 

Does anyone know of renderings or any specifics on this project? Number of floors? Start date?

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeemonBruhn said:

The SSP post specifies the corner of 1st and KVB, not 2nd and Molloy. But maybe they were confused.

6 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The SSP post specifies the corner of 1st and KVB, not 2nd and Molloy. But maybe they were confused.

I posted that on SSP based on the information I had at the time. I did not correct the original post when the actual location was later verified. I have now.

There is no Hyatt Hotel proposed for 1st and KVB that I know of. There is one proposed for 2nd and Malloy.

First and KVB has three options at this time.

One is the CB Ragland building that houses XO communications and I have heard nothing about anything going there.

Two is the parking lot that was just completed at the SE corner, which is owner by MDHA. I do know of a certain individual that is interested in this lot, but nothing will happen here until the rest of RMH is totally built out, and Asurian makes the move to the Gulch.

Three is the site of the One World Hotel project, that I hear differing things about. One is the project is dead and two is the project still has legs. That was or is depending on that POV would be 40 stories.

So many times people get confused, especially if they do not live here or don't follow it as closely as some of us. At this point in time I even get confused or forget just because of the sheer numbers of projects that have been finished, proposed, rumored, proposed and scraped, etc. 

• Like 3