Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

•  
  •  
  •  

"I know it's several years down the road, but when Asurion vacates their current downtown HQ at 300  2nd Ave. South and 105 Molloy for their new Gateway Gulch campus, I will be very curious about what landlord Michael Hayes might have planned for those structures, along with 105 Molloy, where XO Communications is currently located.  All three of those properties make up the entire block encompassed by 1st and 2nd Avenues on east and west, and Molloy and KVB on north and south.

Obviously, this is prime real estate.  I could envision the possibility of the front 2 and 1 story warehouse strip (where XO Communications currently resides), which was built in 1939, coming down, and a thin 20 story tower of some sort going there, facing 1st Ave. and Ascend Amphitheater.  That way, the other two structures--which were each originally built in 1928 and massively refurbished for the Asurion lease--could be retained and utilized for a new tenant.  Or, I could see all three coming down eventually to make way for something even more stout. 

And, of course, we all have dreams about the massive block just to the west that is currently a surface lot. I still believe that could be home to one of our big boys (maybe two!) in the future. 

Thoughts?"

I do not see these buildings coming down after all the money that has been spent upgrading the buildings and adding floors. I really would hate to see these come down.

18 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:
  • I do not see these buildings coming down after all the money that has been spent upgrading the buildings and adding floors. I really would hate to see these come down.

But if someone purchases the entire lot, do they really care about the money spent on the structures previously? If Ritz-Carlton or Giarratana or a major company was ready to sign a deal, would the previous owner's expenses really prohibit any plans?

55 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

But if someone purchases the entire lot, do they really care about the money spent on the structures previously? If Ritz-Carlton or Giarratana or a major company was ready to sign a deal, would the previous owner's expenses really prohibit any plans?

The current owner would definitely care what was spent when it comes to negotiating sales price. The market value of the current building may very well be to a point that the finances just don't work for a potential purchaser to buy and tear down.  That's the reason we haven't seen any large-scale buildings razed other than the Lifeway building (which is operating under a different set of economic realities given the scope of the entire project). 

• Like 1

Nationally noted Atlanta-based restaurateur Ford Fry will open in late summer Sea Wolf in Germantown.

Sea Wolf will focus primarily on seafood. It will share a roof with Star Rover, a live music listening room for local acts with taqueria-style snacks and cocktails, and Le Loup, a French-esque space that a release describes as a “dimly lit and over-the-top cocktail lounge.”

The restaurant will be part of the Hammer Mill development located near the Cumberland River. It will operate from a former warehouse (pictured at the left in the image below) fronting a segment of Adams Street that is undergoing an infrastructure update. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20992213/noted-atlanta-chef-eyes-restaurant-for-germantown

https://www.nashvillescene.com/food-drink/bites/article/20992128/chef-ford-fry-announces-details-of-three-upcoming-germantown-projects

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 12.14.43 PM.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

The current land owner is a developer himself and a poster on the forum. Not seeing it happen, however we could get surprised, but I doubt it.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, markhollin said:

The furthest lot on the southeast side of the Rolling Mill Hill development has now been cleared of all staging materials for River House and is scraped/ready for whatever residential plan will be the final piece of the complex. 

Looking south from  bend in Middleton Street on the overview of the Cumberland River (River House on the right):

Rolling Mill Hill final site.jpg

Per MDHA, this lot will not be developed for a while.

Sorry for all the posting and reposting. Dug a hole and couldn't get out so I reposted.

8 hours ago, japan said:

Hopefully this development addresses the river with some outdoor seating.  I've never seen a city completely ignore a river through downtown like Nashville has.

I couldn't agree more.  I hope that in the future Nashville reintroduces itself to the river that helped to build it.  It should be much more than just a highway for the occasional barge.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

I couldn't agree more.  I hope that in the future Nashville reintroduces itself to the river that helped to build it.  It should be much more than just a highway for the occasional barge.  

I'm amazed at home many areas of the city just have shrubbery and trees by the river, with no attempted development. I understand some have a steep grade, or are limited access due to the railroad, also, it may not be cost effective to build something in an area thats flood-prone or technically with a "dangerous current" but I envision sturdy stone steps leading down to the water in steep areas, like the whole city of Paris has around the Seine, with the river lined in wide walkways.

river.png

river2.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I jog down the greenway along the river all the time and i've always wondered what that little old dilapidated building is in the first picture- right to the left of where it says riverfront park in green. anyone know? i always thing it could be cleaned up and rehabbed. 
I have been inside all the way to the bottom. It's in bad shape. Not sure what it used to be but it was owned by the TVA until it was sold to Nashville in 1964.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The Agenda nightclub property in the Gulch that has sat empty since November has hit the market for $3.5 million. The 5,700 sq. ft. structure has an address of 609 9th Ave. South. and sits on .4 acre. The asking price is the equivalent of $614 per foot for the building or $201 for the acreage.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20992577/gulch-property-hits-market-for-35m

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 11.47.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 11.47.40 AM.png

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 10:35 AM, MLBrumby said:

I don't dislike that building. The basic architecture is actually attractive, but it's nothing remarkable. Conveniently located and just good infill. 

I wish they could do what Vanderbilt is doing with their children’s hospital and add like 4-6 stories. I love the look of the Suntrust Building but I think a little height would look much better. Granted, I think that about most projects...