Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

MDHA approved the concept plan for the Blue Parrot to replace the concrete block structure highlighted by a Johnny Cash mural. Last fall the committee deferred on the project because too narrow sidewalk width.  The new design now shows a width of 8 feet.

Screen Shot 2018-02-20 at 2.53.29 PM.png

Where exactly is this?

4 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

It has taken forever and a day. but the new building looks great. I especially love the detailed brickwork.

It looks great, especially the brick (as you noted), but it looks out of place or out of character at that location

We will have to agree to disagree. If it is a choice between keeping 'vintage' buildings (see the building next to Harry O's in the picture) or constructing new, good quality structures, count me for the new.

Now hopefullythe restaurant, Harry O's is worthy.

9 hours ago, LA_TN said:

It looks great, especially the brick (as you noted), but it looks out of place or out of character at that location

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

We will have to agree to disagree. If it is a choice between keeping 'vintage' buildings (see the building next to Harry O's in the picture) or constructing new, good quality structures, count me for the new.

Now hopefullythe restaurant, Harry O's is worthy.

I would rather be able to keep the old and bring them up to date, keeping as many vintage elements as possible.  However...if the building is too far gone to bring it up to date...then yes, new construction but replicating the building style of the original as closely as possible.

• Like 3

Interesting....as I was on my rounds yesterday, I saw a crew core drilling on the large State Employee parking lot that is bordered by Rosa Parks Blvd, 10th Circle North, and Gay Street.  I asked one of the guys what they were working on, and he stated he would get fired if he were to tell anyone.    Hmmmmmm.  

Looking NE from Gay Street, 1/2 block west of Rosa Parks Blvd.

State Lot at JRP & Rosa Parks Blvd core drilling, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

The equipment was just to the south of the State Employee Parking Lot 15 marker on this screen shot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 9.07.35 AM.png

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I passed by this yesterday and haven't seen it mentioned here yet. Vista at White's Creek is a development of single family homes just off of Briley Parkway on White's Creek Pike, opposite the UPS expansion. It seems pretty well underway at this point with at least 50 homes built and it looks like they're planning many more. IMG_2179.thumb.jpg.9444d22ce1e27c38a3e9ee15ed811a7d.jpg

IMG_2174.thumb.jpg.b591f5a1658b683b2f24a4eb3493bbcf.jpgIMG_2178.thumb.jpg.75992c3538128dc47a9f07f94598d0b0.jpgIMG_2172.thumb.jpg.041c9e0074527b803836e1ad2f1f2d52.jpg

Edited by fishsticks176
This is the closest thread I could find for this. Does a White's Creek/NW area thread exist?
  • Like 1

That started about 3 or 4 years ago with all the utility work and they started building I think about 2 years ago. I pass it everyday and they’ve built a lot of houses in the last year. There’s something else being built across the street from ups and the rock quarry but don’t know what it is and wondered if any one had a clue. I had heard another ups facility but not sure if that was true or not.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, markhollin said:

Interesting....as I was on my rounds yesterday, I saw a crew core drilling on the large State Employee parking lot that is bordered by Rosa Parks Blvd, 10th Circle North, and Gay Street.  I asked one of the guys what they were working on, and he stated he would get fired if he were to tell anyone.    Hmmmmmm.  

Looking NE from Gay Street, 1/2 block west of Rosa Parks Blvd.

State Lot at JRP & Rosa Parks Blvd core drilling, Feb 24, 2018.jpg

The equipment was just to the south of the State Employee Parking Lot 15 marker on this screen shot.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 9.07.35 AM.png

This was for a retaining wall. nothing major.

• Like 1