Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

12 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

Technically this is my second post, but I just recently relocated to Nashville from Boston and am so happy to find a forum for developments here in the city!

I noticed construction barriers on parking lot site just west of Peabody St, adjacent to the Trolley Barns. Does anyone know of the project plans for this site, and if so provide a link for project info??

welcome and welcome!

• Like 1

Well that place just looks amazing. ("They're not tricks, Michael, they're illusions." ) 

Hopefully they have a lot of insurance or a plan to get all of that awesome art out of there if another big flood happens. Seems like it's right on the edge of the flood plain and it's in the basement. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 2.33.09 PM.png

• Like 3

Another hotel potentially at Yazoo? I have no concept of what the demand is for downtown hotel rooms, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that all these hotels will have solid occupancy. Seems like most of them have been built in the last couple of years/or are now in process. Has the demand for hotel rooms increased THAT much in the last 5 years? 10 years ago what did people do, stay farther out from downtown and taxi in?

Seems like the demand for residential would be MUCH stronger (this coming from a person with no clue about the actual demand/supply dynamic)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nashwatcher said:

Has the demand for hotel rooms increased THAT much in the last 5 years? 

Actually, yes. Tourism has skyrocketed over the last several years. Then toss in the increasing conventions, concerts and sporting events. 

I've had friends come to visit Nashville on what seemed to be a slow weekend and still had to look for rooms several minutes away from downtown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Do you know how large the Omni would have to be to be adequate enough for all the MCC's hotel room needs?

There’s several 1,200+ rooms near Atlanta’s convention center. One that size would have been good, but given its proximity to the MCC, CMHoF, and lower Broadway, I think the Omni could have gone for maybe 1,500 rooms. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

There’s several 1,200+ rooms near Atlanta’s convention center. One that size would have been good, but given its proximity to the MCC, CMHoF, and lower Broadway, I think the Omni could have gone for maybe 1,500 rooms. 

I honestly don't have a clue what they were thinking.  The Omni could be three times larger than it is now and a debate could still probably be had about whether or not it is big enough.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I honestly don't have a clue what they were thinking.  The Omni could be three times larger than it is now and a debate could still probably be had about whether or not it is big enough.

You’d think they would have learned from their Hampton Inn neighbors the frustration that comes from underestimating Nashville ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PHofKS said:

I'm sure the Hampton Inn got it's land relatively cheap and is thrilled to death about it's return on it's investment. For the cost of an interstate hotel, they have a facility that can charge up to $300 per night in a fully reserved building. There are high fives all around in somebody's boardroom, no doubt.

As for other hotel development, they are building them in (city) blocks of a thousand rooms. The Marriott/Holiday Inn/Joseph block will have around a thousand rooms as will the Cambria/Embassy/Curio block.  And the JW /Weston block is close to that amount. When they have enough, they will stop building.

(A little dated)...

38975623655_58961b99eb_c.jpg

Agreed. They will most likely overbuild before stopping, as developers tend to do. 

• Like 3