Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 11/16/2018 at 2:23 PM, CenterHill said:

Cotton-Eyed Joe building on lower broad listed for sale.   We can only pray that whoever buys it will undertake a respectful renovation of such a magnificent historical building. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21032688/lower-broadway-building-listed-for-sale

"This truly is irreplaceable real estate,” he said. “With an unparalleled location and visibility, the building is the type of trophy real estate asset that tenants and investors seek out. It offers abundant natural light, vintage flooring and exposed brick work, giving it an authentic feel. It’s the last of its kind on Broadway.”

It would be nice to see something occupy that spot besides the future "one-of-a-kind" (Insert Country Artist's Name Here) Bar & Grill. But I won't be surprised, regardless.

• Like 2

At this point, I don't see how it can be anything but a bar.  With the prices people are paying for these buildings...and the crazy numbers we're seeing on the daily amount of beer sold and consumed downtown...I think people are just willing to keep throwing money at the bar scene and piling up cash until the wave disappears.

On 11/16/2018 at 3:23 PM, CenterHill said:

Cotton-Eyed Joe building on lower broad listed for sale.   We can only pray that whoever buys it will undertake a respectful renovation of such a magnificent historical building. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21032688/lower-broadway-building-listed-for-sale

"This truly is irreplaceable real estate,” he said. “With an unparalleled location and visibility, the building is the type of trophy real estate asset that tenants and investors seek out. It offers abundant natural light, vintage flooring and exposed brick work, giving it an authentic feel. It’s the last of its kind on Broadway.”

Screen_Shot_2018_11_15_at_9.58.04_AM.5beeee7129a1e.jpg

Agreed! It's always bothered me that those windows are bricked-in. It is a beautiful building but needs carefully done renovation. I fear they will splash some hideous paint over it... just to stand out from the row. Sure hope that violates codes. 

• Like 1

The three RJ Young properties mentioned several posts above (805-810 Division Street) are being eyed for apartments.  Water and sewer permits have been applied for related to the 805 and 809 (pictured) parcels, a Metro document shows. Nashville-based Civil Site Design Group is listed on the document, which references “Division Street Apartments.”

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21032953/gulch-properties-seemingly-eyed-for-apartments

• Like 2

17 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Right now only the two at 805 and 809 are showing activity.  The one across the street seemingly may still be for sale and not under contract. We do not know for sure. I am think they can go up to 20 with bonus height, however I am unsure as studying the zoning maps is not my forte.

The last time I dug through the DTC the intersection of 8th and Division is allowed to go to 30 with bonus and being on that intersection means something like within 100 feet. So my guess is without some appeal these are maxed at 16.

Metro has OK'd the adaptive re-use of the 60,000 sq. ft. warehouse into open office space, as well as the future 18,000 sq. ft. 2 story office building at 602 Taylor St.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21033190/metro-oks-next-phase-of-germantown-project

An updated rendering of the conversion for the 60,000 sq. ft. warehouse:

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.03.38 PM.png

Also, in MetroCenter, the first phase of Embrey Partners' apartment complex  at 101 Athens Way (11 four story buildings with 400 units on 9.7 acres) has broken ground.  A 2020 completion is planned. No official name of the project has been announced.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21033158/apartment-project-starts-in-metrocenter

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.13.18 PM.png

• Like 1

More info on the RJ Young property at 805-809 Division St: Dinerstein Companies out of Houston (who also developed the just-opened Millennium Music Row Apts.) is the buyer, and is planning a 351 unit complex.  It would feature 39 studios, 154 one bedroom apts., 137 tow bedrooms, and 13 three bedrooms, and 8 lofts.  The lots are zoned for 10 stories, but extra floors could be available if the developer creates public parking and achieves LEED energy efficiency standards. No rendering have been supplied yet.

More behind theNBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/20/houston-developer-pursues-gulch-apartment-project.html

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.15.24 PM.png

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, markhollin said:

More info on the RJ Young property at 805-809 Division St: Dinerstein Companies out of Houston (who also developed the just-opened Millennium Music Row Apts.) is the buyer, and is planning a 351 unit complex.  It would feature 39 studios, 154 one bedroom apts., 137 tow bedrooms, and 13 three bedrooms, and 8 lofts.  The lots are zoned for 10 stories, but extra floors could be available if the developer creates public parking and achieves LEED energy efficiency standards. No rendering have been supplied yet.

More behind theNBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/20/houston-developer-pursues-gulch-apartment-project.html

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.15.24 PM.png

“Build several expensive floors of space exclusively to be used to store large carbon-fueled combustion-engine vehicles that are used to propel one person long distances.” 

Also,

”Be energy efficient, for the environment.” 

Something doesn’t add up. Seems like if they want to put environmental standards into zoning codes, increasing density (through more units in taller buildings) to reduce the amount of fossil fuel consumption due to commuting would be a good start. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

“Build several expensive floors of space exclusively to be used to store large carbon-fueled combustion-engine vehicles that are used to propel one person long distances.”  

Also,

”Be energy efficient, for the environment.” 

Something doesn’t add up. Seems like if they want to put environmental standards into zoning codes, increasing density (through more units in taller buildings) to reduce the amount of fossil fuel consumption due to commuting would be a good start. 

I am going to be fascinated to see what is done with garage space in 20-30 years as car ownership fades out.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

I am going to be fascinated to see what is done with garage space in 20-30 years as car ownership fades out.

It seems that there will be an opportunity for many interesting repurposing projects in the future-

https://www.curbed.com/2017/4/26/15421594/parking-garages-driverless-cars-gensler

• Like 1