Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 11/30/2018 at 9:46 AM, donNdonelson2 said:

Female country superstars might not want their names associated with drunk & disorderly throngs of sweaty bros and bridesmaids?

This is true, but at this point in the business world, the country men must be making out quite handsomely for doing nothing but associating their name to a bar. Look at some of the songs Miranda sings, pretty teh women sing about drinking sometimes just as much as men lol. 

On 11/30/2018 at 10:16 AM, wreynol4 said:

My comment was semi-sarcastic just FYI. I don’t want another celebrity owned bar.

If we are being honest with ourselves, it's a foregone conclusion that it'll be another celebrity bar. Or maybe a hotel developer will buy and get the second hotel with a lower broadway address

On 11/30/2018 at 12:54 PM, Jamie Hall said:

Valid point, and I realize the earlier comment was maybe in jest, but imagine the draw and immediate buzz generated by downtown's first bar associated with a female singer. A Reba or Carrie Underwood or Shania Twain influence would be an interesting twist to the mix downtown. Seems like now would be as good a time as any for it to happen.

My point exactly!

15 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

We are scheduling punch list on this project this week. New sidewalk, bioswale, main entry stair and ramp and new north patio were built (or re-built) The top right pane of the glass canopy is being replaced this month as a result of a mis-aimed hammer.

The intent of the glass canopy was to emphasize the new entrance. Rather than the whole project being a modern intervention on the building, the gable was replicated for historic purposes so that the modernity of the project is translated in the canopy. The design called for a certain number of directional lights to light the canopy, but those were VEd out we believe. The main entry stairs have stair lights in them and the north patio is lit from the new side wall.

The building looks really good: accessible, clean, historical, a great combination of new and old.  My regular running route takes me between this building and the Frist Center so I enjoy your week a couple of times every week.  Thank you, and congrats on your accomplishments here!

• Thanks 1

That lot is for sale. Its .19 acres and the price has varried between 1.9 and 3.9 million and owned by Rusty Dunn. The lot that the Firestone sits is just a tad over a half acre and I could see them picking up the sliver but maybe for the lower price. If they build on it without getting that sliver then the sliver lot will be worth a lot less or at least Dunn will have a harder time selling it.

• Like 4

Pinnacle may have been a target in early 2016 as they crossed the $10b in assets mark.  Which is a mark that comes with much more regulatory scrutiny. They’ve charged ahead since then and I don’t view them as a target any time soon.   I’m pulling for CapStar to grow via acquisition but they’ve taken some lumps since going public, both by writing off bad loans in behavioral healthcare and fighting an activist investor.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would take years I know, but it would be awesome if  Pinnacle could get to be a competitor of BB&T and Regions. It’s highly unlikely I know, but that would be awesome.  Banks are just poster child’s for needing a nice shiny tower to put their name on, and we need more of that here. 

Edited by wreynol4
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Moxy Hotel SoBro (6 stories, 161 rooms, 2 restaurant/bars) update. Windows complete, painting continues.

Looking SW from intersection of Broadway and 2nd Ave:

Moxy Hotel SoBro, Nov 22, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from 2nd Ave. South, 1/2 block south of Broadway:

Moxy Hotel SoBro, Nov 22, 2018, 2.jpg

We were on site doing a site tour with high school students a couple weeks ago (sorry didn't have time to take pics) and two big elements that were being worked on 1) NES were continuing work on 3rd ave to get the new vault in place. The vault will go down and into the basement of the building. 2) the construction elevator will be moving outside to where you see the orange lift behind bootleggers so they can get the new central elevators installed. Target is April opening.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1