Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The Row at Sixth & Garfield will be a three building, 20 townhome project being put together by Bryan Development Group.  Dale & Assoc. is handling land planning and engineering, rootARCH will oversee design, and Provence Builders will be the contractor.   No rendering released yet, but this diagram of the site was put out today.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21036178/early-2019-start-eyed-for-salemtown-townhome-project

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 1.55.41 PM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map show the project in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 1.56.50 PM.png

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Side topic:  STK Steakhouse has signed a lease for the former Prima space in Terrazzo.  There was an article in NBJ a couple of weeks ago.  Work began this morning.

https://togrp.com/brand/stk/

I keep wondering, is there a saturation point at which a city does not need another steakhouse?      If so, I have to think we're getting close.    :)  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

"There's too much steak in this city." They're all real words, and the syntax and grammar seem to be in order, and yet the sentence is completely nonsensical.

That's because it breaks Aristotle's classic law of logic: non-contradiction.  "Steak" cannot exit with "too much" predicatin' it. Same with dunkel beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

I keep wondering, is there a saturation point at which a city does not need another steakhouse?      If so, I have to think we're getting close.    :)  

STK will offer a $10 hamburger on their lunch menu.  Not too many steakhouses do that.  Since they're in my building, my annual burger intact could rise significantly.

• Like 2

First Baptist Church has applied for a stormwater grading permit for the NE portion of their property, which is eventually slated for redevelopment along Broadway.  FBC Executive Pastor Thomas Crow said the church is simply preparing the site in case it can finalize moving forward on the redevelopment. No construction looms, he stressed.  “We’re trying to prepare the portion of our property that faces Broadway and Sixth for the possibility of future work,” Crow said. “Nothing major is imminent.”

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21036367/commission-to-hear-rezoning-for-hermitage-project

• Like 1

Sorry about the blurry pic (and I forgot to ask for a digital camera for Christmas), but wanted to show the bright white LED lighting on the side of the Marriott 3 brand hotel.   It starts on floor 2, goes to the top of floor 6 and then hangs a right.  Perhaps someone could get a better pic when they're in the area.

25161907_Marriott3Brands.thumb.jpg.7a2534f52ab7dc05cf57eb4b6d876641.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/19/2018 at 9:59 AM, markhollin said:

Lifestyle Communities Germantown (four buildings ranging from 4 to 6 stories, 450 units, retail/restaurants, internal garage) has been opening incrementally over the past few months.  Here is their website:

https://lifestylecommunities.com/community/lc-germantown

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 8.52.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 8.52.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 8.53.03 AM.png

Does anyone know who the architect firm was for LC Germantown?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, matth213 said:

First of all, Welcome to the Forum! 

Secondly, I am sure a couple users will be able to direct you to some more accurate info, but the original planning was done by Civil-Site Design Group, located here in Nashville. If I find anything further I'll edit this post.

Again, welcome

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, matth213 said:

Welcome to the forum, matth213!  Hope you can join us at one of our Monthly Meet-Ups.  The next one is Sat. Jan. 5 from 10 AM to noon at Lua Llena Taqueria (300 James Robertson Parkway, downtown).  We're a fun and friendly bunch.   : )

2 hours ago, matth213 said:

I am not sure as I have tied to find out, but I suspect they do the architectural service in house as they do the contracting in house as well.

Welcome to the forum mathh213. A lot of times I have the info on the development map here.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1ELRoQQW5WC_YAmOyc-QfGVr-J50&ll=36.17931504311166%2C-86.78448569304777&z=16

• Like 1

One of the nice things about these threads dedicated to certain projects like this one is you can go to the earliest comments. Often they include links to the local pubs announcing the project. Those articles usually have the architectural firms for the projects. I know William Williams does for the NP. 

After reading this investigative report by the NBJ on the people behind several of these country star bars downtown...it makes you wonder how long they'll actually be in business.  Sounds like some questionable characters.  Pasted a just a few lines of copy from the really long article below.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/12/13/booming-bars-big-stars-and-a-tangled-past-the.html

The Ohio-based company that’s spent millions of dollars on downtown real estate, teamed with some of the biggest stars in country music and established itself as a dominant force in the heart of Nashville’s surging tourist district is closely tied to Joel and Jon Field, twin brothers with felony convictions, prison sentences and scores of lawsuits, judgments and liens on their records.

The combination of those superstar licensing deals and nearly $40 million spent buying a cluster of buildings in downtown Nashville has catapulted T.C. Restaurant Group to the upper echelon of Nashville’s hospitality groups. The company is now the leading player in the bumper crop of celebrity-branded bars, is actively courting investors on its website and is eyeing continued growth here and elsewhere. 

A review of hundreds of pages of court filings and media reports in multiple states reveals a pattern in the way Joe and Jon Field have done business. That includes:

• Multiple civil lawsuits and disputes with contractors, landlords and vendors over unpaid bills, missing rent and misuse of funds. In Davidson County, at least six contractors won judgments against Field-related entities between 2005 and 2013;
  • Jon Field’s 2006 guilty plea for embezzling $1.3 million intended for contractors, a case that led to him being banned from traveling to Colorado, without permission, for 12 years; 
  • Both brothers’ guilty pleas on federal tax-related felonies in Ohio in 2014, leading to prison sentences for both; and
  • Repeated allegations in lawsuits and IRS criminal proceedings of one or both brothers concealing their ownership of various businesses and assets, which both admitted to in the 2014 tax cases. Similar allegations re-emerged in Nashville last year in a now-settled lawsuit.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1