Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, titanhog said:

At least...please tell me that "Cadillac P...." is the name of one of his songs?  

2003 song of his featuring Hank Williams Jr.   Kid Rock, or Bobby as he likes to be called by friends, is around town a lot.   Bobby is a good hang.  Kid Rock is vaudeville.    He rides around town in a Rolls Royce with a license plate holder that says "Follow me to Waffle House." 

• Like 3

On 12/30/2018 at 7:55 AM, titanhog said:

Well...Kid Rock’s a little tacky and cheap...so, looks like they nailed it. :shades:

Too bad Kid Rock didn't just buy Paradise Park Trailer Resort down the street and stamp his name on that. At least Paradise Park's trashiness was intentionally tongue-in-cheek.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Too bad Kid Rock didn't just buy Paradise Park Trailer Resort down the street and stamp his name on that. At least Paradise Park's trashiness was intentionally tongue-in-cheek.

When I was down there I saw the sign for Paradise Park's replacement. If the sign is any indicator it looks like they may be going for a bit classier image than Paradise Park.

I hope I'm wrong though-the mix of kitsch, neon, grit and trashiness is what makes Lower Broad Lower Broad-something I've yet to see anywhere else.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2018 at 4:39 PM, markhollin said:

A 25 unit townhome project is being planned for a 1.18 acre site at 1825-1835 Third Ave. North in Salemtown, on the SW corner of 3rd AVe. North and Coffee St.  There will be a Jan. 24, 2018 Metro Planning Commission meeting for approval.  No renderings released yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21038814/mixeduse-buildings-eyed-for-weho

This screen shot from Smaegolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 10.36.38 AM.png

The lot kiddy-corner to the north is going through grading and planning now for a four-unit single family development as well. 

• Like 3

Thing is...I doubt seriously Kid Rock, Luke Bryan, etc have any actual money invested in these projects.  They've probably just signed on as "name contributors" and get a piece of the pie for allowing these developers to use their celebrity.  As we read in that article from a couple of weeks ago, most of these clubs are being built by one developer who has had major legal issues.  I could see several of these eventually going belly-up.

• Like 2

^^    What a dense and walkable city!    Imagine if all of that were still there and today we called THAT our historic district, surrounded by the high rise commercial district to the west and south.     

Did the post say what year?     I’m guessing 30’s?     Not sure.  

Tragically, there aren’t many of those great buildings still standing, but there are a few.      Besides the Ryman and Legislative Plaza, I spy Hermitage Hotel,  Stahlman Bldg, American Trust, Third Nat’l Bank, the Arcade, Climax/Utopia,  St. Mary’s, a few others.  

Anyone know what the white building with columns is partially out of frame at lower right?     Is that the Polk residence?   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Old library which sits where the 1963 building being renovated today sits. It was a Carnegie library which had a certain style, two of which still stand in Nashville today. 

One is on the Fisk University campus.  Where is the other one?

On 12/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, KJHburg said:

Chef Ford Fry's of Atlanta new Tex Mex restaurant Superica will cost about $2 M to build out.   Their food is innovative and really good believe me as a frequent customer of their Charlotte outpost.

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/news/2018/12/26/reportford-frys-nashville-superica-location-could.html?ana=e_ae_set1&s=article_du&ed=2018-12-26&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1545855820&j=85719101

Good to know as I was curious as to how the food would be. Thanks!