Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Article was 99% about the former Apple employee and spouse and their inspiration.    Few details about the project itself and what is going to happen to this jewel of building.     To get 55-60 rooms there will have to be a sizable addition, I would think.  

Saw this article on News Channel 5 about the Downtown Antique Mall closing on May 31.  Did any of the other businesses in this triangle also get notices?  There was a posting here about the owner asking the city to condemn the street and two alleys so that it could combine the parcels.  Sounds like there is some movement here.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/nashvilles-downtown-antique-mall-closing-after-nearly-30-years

8 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

Saw this article on News Channel 5 about the Downtown Antique Mall closing on May 31.  Did any of the other businesses in this triangle also get notices?  There was a posting here about the owner asking the city to condemn the street and two alleys so that it could combine the parcels.  Sounds like there is some movement here.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/on-the-rise/nashvilles-downtown-antique-mall-closing-after-nearly-30-years

The move to abandon the alleys was started abiut 6 months ago. I do think something is up, but I hope and think the buildings will not come down. The owner from my understanding loves the older buildings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 12:58 PM, smeagolsfree said:

I did a lot of walking around Washington and I just kept my eyes open, If there were areas that started to look sketchy, I started booking it back the way I came or in the direction I came from. Many times and I am not the usual tourist, I check out the surrounding areas out on a map before hand and when I get there and I am driving I drive some of those areas. 

I dont walk at night in areas that are not well lit or late if I can help it and always get nervous when no one else is around on the street, then my Spidey sense goes into overdrive and I am hyper aware of everyone and everything around me. 

I also travel with a minimum of cash, one C Card, and my license that are both in my sock or my shoe. Yes, I am not your typical person, but it has worked for me so far.

The above advice is very good and I pretty much do the same things. The first time I drove to Washington I parked my car and immediately a man came over and asked for money. He felt it necessary to tell me that he was not going to kill me. When you speak in generalities you always miss the mark. Part of most towns is educated and part is not. Part of Nashville is educated; we have a number of good universities. The only place I ever felt relatively safe walking around at night was Venice, Italy.

The Capitol Hotel at 701 Union St. is looking at a 5 story addition for 24 rooms and more parking.  Studio A Architecture has been hired by Continental Inns of America.  The addition would face Polk Ave., across form the Ben West Library Building. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21067504/downtown-hotel-eyed-for-addition

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 7.32.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-07 at 7.33.04 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A major investor behind Uber has purchased a two parcel .45 acre lot at 614-800 18th Ave. North in the Marathon Village area.  No immediate plans announced from Diego Berdakin.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21067731/uber-investor-buys-site-in-north-nashville

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 7.09.59 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 8:42 AM, Andy20 said:

The Atlanta Financial Center is a prime example of what we could do. Built right over Ga 400.

OK so I've driven under this several times. Appears like an actual bridge supports the edifice. Given that concrete bridges and overpasses last about 60 to 65 years, what does that mean for this structure?  I know that water damage, corrosion and fatigue from vibrations is much less than an actual traffic carrying bridge, but can anyone tell me how these factors into the future of this whole structure?