Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, PaulChinetti said:

Is that a Mount Rushmore like bust of Reba, Carrie, Brad and Luke???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just what, like what, no really what?

Fiberglass! 

I'm sure it'll be 'commissioned' with the same guy who did the Bed Forrest statue on I-65 in Brentwood. 

• Haha 1

Another rendering and a layout from the HonkeyTonkBoardwalk website.   Looks like they are aiming for a Disney Boardwalk kind of feel at Disney World in Orlando. Doesn't appear to be any indication of where exactly this is being proposed, although I'm guessing they are shooting for the East Bank somewhere.   Perhaps Branson, Missouri would be best.  ; )

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 11.00.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 11.04.14 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

The Whisky Kitchen is moving over to 1126 McGavock St, to the space formerly held by Virago. Virago has recently reopened at 1120 McGavock.   This frees up the current Whiskey Kitchen building and surface lot at 188 12th Ave. South, which has been rumored for sale for quite some time. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21070317/permit-patrol-28-may-2019

At one time the owners, M Street Entertainment Group, had mentioned they were looking at a 15 story boutique hotel for the site. They have since announced the Eleventh House Hotel (10 stories, 112 rooms) a block to the east. This is a prime spot of about 1/3 acre in the heart of The Gulch which should see some interesting action eventually. 

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in gray at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 7.50.56 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2019 at 9:23 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Broadway Boardwalk. 

IMO, another massive 120 million dollar pipe dream development for downtown, including a , helipad, hotel and a 400 foot guitar shaped ferris wheel.

https://fox17.com/news/local/mans-honky-tonk-boardwalk-dreams-include-massive-guitar-ferris-wheel-helipad

Barry Lee is an unfamiliar name to me -- aside from being "a middle Tennessee" man as described by WZTV, does he have any development background? Or is he the type who talks a big game and lets it end there?

1 minute ago, Jamie Hall said:

Barry Lee is an unfamiliar name to me -- aside from being "a middle Tennessee" man as described by WZTV, does he have any development background? Or is he the type who talks a big game and lets it end there?

He's the man who figured out that if you spend ten minutes creating plans and renderings for anything you want you can be on the local news.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The 1.28 acre site at 645 Division St. (former Myers Carpet site) in the Gulch is being sold by Tim Reynolds for $13 million to an unidentified NYC-based development company. The deal is supposed to be finalized by year's end. Reynolds had paid $8.9 million for it just 10 months ago. No word on what the developers have in mind.  Up to 16 stories is allowed by Metro's bonus height program.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21070521/local-investor-has-gulch-site-under-contract

Screen Shot 2019-05-28 at 12.58.58 PM.png

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

What in the world is it without the "bonus height"??

How often do developers go in and argue for more height and how often are they successful?

in NYC, if you do Inclusionary Housing, you get bonus height. I know state legislators banned IH here, however. 

• Like 2

Just now, subkyle said:

I’m pretty sure that bonus height is almost always granted. I am personally sick and tired of height restrictions close to the core. Small town thinking to have height restrictions in sobro and the gulch 

I understand height restrictions if there is a certain vibe/atmosphere you're trying to preserve.  But outside of Germantown/Salemtown there are literally no areas inside the inner loop that aren't already a highrise district that is anything more than empty dirt lots and aluminum warehouses.  So what is it they're trying to achieve with these height restrictions in places like SoBro or south Gulch?   It makes no sense.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Whisky Kitchen is moving over to 1126 McGavock St, to the space formerly held by Virago. Virago has recently reopened at 1120 McGavock.   This frees up the current Whiskey Kitchen building and surface lot at 188 12th Ave. South, which has been rumored for sale for quite some time. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21070317/permit-patrol-28-may-2019

So did one of the other restaurants close? Or did they use unused space? 

• Like 1