Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 minute ago, markhollin said:

Exciting news:  Gabe Coltea is thinking of building a residential tower on top of a revamped .45 acre garage at 217 Third Ave. North.  The concept would also include retail space on the ground floor facing 3rd Ave., Printers Alley, and Bankers Alley.  UTgrad09 and I have long thought this would be a solid idea for this parcel. There is a huge demand for more parking in the area with all the new/expanded boutique hotels popping up within a block.  

Coltea's company bought the current 325 capacity garage in 2017 for $13.4 million. Under current zoning, they could add 6 more stories on top of the current 3.  In a letter stating its case for a building of that height, the hotel's architects wrote that the parking garage owner "plans to redevelop that property into a mixed-use building featuring residential and retail spaces, which would be similar in height (15 stories) to the new Indigo Hotel addition that is being proposed right next door. 

Coltea stressed that his group has not filed any applications with any Metro department for a possible project. He said is not operating on a particular decision-making timeline. "It's an ongoing process," he said.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/06/03/downtown-garage-owner-eyes-overhaul-near-boutique.html?s=print

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 2.23.00 PM.png

A building of 15 stories wouldn’t be too overpowering, and would be transformational to that part of 3rd. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^With a parking structure so short, would it just be best to knock it down and start over with a completely new structure?

I would not be surprised at all if that would be part of their thinking.  My guess is they would want to dig down to add several subterranean levels, then have the ground level retail/restaurant/bar space, then perhaps another 4 levels of parking on top of that, and then 10 stories of residential on top of that.  Probably aiming to be the same height of the new Indigo addition that is being proposed just to the north. 

I also believe the historical overlay for that area covers this site, so the developers would need to utilize brick and have sensitivity to the style of the neighborhood.

One thing's for sure, this will be a HUGE improvement over the present situation on several levels. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Printer's Alley is hot,hot, hot!

Many years ago, a developer had proposed a 40 story (IIRC) hotel on top of the garage at Church Street and Printer's Alley. Maybe that idea will rise again.

That's my thoughts, as well. Sandwiched between Indigo/Union Street and 5/3, why not go, at least, 25-30?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Andy20 said:

@smeagolsfree Is "Polygon 370" on Church St. on your development map new? Is something happening here? Thanks in advance.

It would be awesome if this were a new high-rise that was actually named "Polygon 370" and even more so if the developers couldn't agree on the name and just took the default naming from @smeagolsfree's development map.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Hopefully Tony will be able to announce Paramount but that is still a question mark, as are the following...

Thanks for the list, Ron.  Any further word on these that might fit within the 120+' range?

-  North Point Hospitality at Church and 19th

-  Dinerstein Companies at 805 Division

-  SE Venture at 8th & Division

-  Circle South Hotel

-  Proposed hotel at Lafayette and 5th Ave. South (Czann's Brewing site)

-  Stanza Hotel

-  Swerdling Hotel at KVB and Hermitage Ave

-  Platinum Hospitality at KVB and 6th Ave. South

-  Courtyard/Fairfield Inn at TopGolf

-  Possible hotel at Main & Interstate Dr. (Gerst House site)

-  Possible Mark Bloom hotel at 2nd Ave. South and Peabody

-  Double GBT Towers at Murphy Rd. and West End Ave.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Thanks for the list, Ron.  Any further word on these that might fit within the 120+' range?
I dont want to speculate on a building height or rumored height until we know for sure as some of these as we well know could and will fall through. Sort of counting our eggs before they get laid or layed depending if you want to use the old spelling. Thanks for the help!
-  North Point Hospitality at Church and 19th no renderings or plans yet

-  Dinerstein Companies at 805 Division Probably in the 10 story range but may qualify

-  SE Venture at 8th & Division Unsure at this time but not for at least two years and probably mid-rise. SE Ventures is not going to develop for at least that long.

-  Circle South Hotel no renderings or plans yet, as this guy is somewhat of a mystery and the partners he has are not very experienced.

-  Proposed hotel at Lafayette and 5th Ave. South (Czann's Brewing site) I think may be dead

-  Stanza Hotel

-  Platinum Hospitality at KVB and 6th Ave. South No concrete plans at this time

-  Possible hotel at Main & Interstate Dr. (Gerst House site) no plans on paper as of yet

-  Possible Mark Bloom hotel at 2nd Ave. South and Peabody First I have heard of  a hotel at this location, property is rented out for construction company for at least two years for construction of 4 seasons.

As far as these go, the ones that we know could are as follows:

-  Stanza Hotel

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Sorry I forgot and left that one on there as I was trying to check the size of the lot, but I went to parcel viewer instead. That is the only one on the map that was a mistake. Glad you all look at the map. I do have other interesting tidbits I cant talk about on there or projects that could be looming at some point. Some have mysterious names and others are just Polygons.

While I am at it I will give you guys an assessment of the high-rise projects for the next year and a half.

I am just counting what is considered high-rise, mid-rise.

Please feel free to add if I forgot, but remember Should be over about 120' or so. Emporis Standards defines a high-rise as "A multi-story structure between 35–100 meters tall, or a building of unknown height from 12–39 floors."[3]

I will say there are a number of projects that are several years old that we may just have to officially put on life support but a lot of the big ones are starting to break ground this year. We are not getting the really big project announcements like we were at one time to keep the hopper as full as it once was. Lots of smaller infill, but BIG ones not as many now.

The majority of Nashville Yards will hopefully be under construction by years end, as is Broadwest , Fifth+Broad, Seasons, Embassy Suites, 2012 West End, The Joseph, and Hyatt Centric, W Hotel. Probably a few others but they are under construction needless to say.

Hopefully Tony will be able to announce Paramount but that is still a question mark, as are the following:

Mainland tower

Buckingham tower in the Gulch

We should get the start of the first of the following this year: 

First Cummins station Tower 30

805 Lea 30

1101 Grundy Flank Hotel 20

We are thinking the Greystar project 16 & 26 story on Broadway

The Greystar Project in the Gulch 16 stories

2020 Start:

Hensler Tower 32 stories

GBT tower ONE22ONE on Broad ( I dont look for it to start till next year but I may be wrong) 23 to 27 stories

The remaining two towers for Gulch Union 16 & 28 stories

HRI 24 story tower @ 9th & Commerce

Undetermined or behind

Broadway Hotel 16 story

House of Blues Hotel on 1st 18 stories, have not heard a peep since the height was approved almost two  years ago.

15 Music Square West 19 stories

The Moore Office Building 16 stories (may end up starting this year, but is behind)

Seems very accurate. good work, Ron.

WW

20 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

We are thinking the Greystar project 16 & 26 story on Broadway

The Greystar Project in the Gulch 16 stories

I couldn't find the name "Greystar" attached to any blocks on your excellent development map.  Which two projects are you referring to here?

14 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

I couldn't find the name "Greystar" attached to any blocks on your excellent development map.  Which two projects are you referring to here?

Also known as 19th & Broadway.  It has it's own thread here:

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/117762-19th-and-broadway-355-apts-255-ft-26-stories-220-room-hotel-16-stories-188-ft/#comments

Broadway & 19th, June 4, 2019, render.png

Broadway & 19th, Nov 29, 2018, mass render.png

Broadway & 19th, Nov 29, 2018, site map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2