Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I expect he will do the same thing with his 22nd Ave property. He is not a developer. He is only in it to make a quick buck like a few others that we have seen like our good buddy Ardivan A., that wanted to do the big tower where Vandy is doing the Graduate housing. They just want attention on their slice of land in order to get a higher price for it a little later on by highlighting a grandiose plan that will never happen.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I expect he will do the same thing with his 22nd Ave property. He is not a developer. He is only in it to make a quick buck like a few others that we have seen like our good buddy Ardivan A., that wanted to do the big tower where Vandy is doing the Graduate housing. They just want attention on their slice of land in order to get a higher price for it a little later on by highlighting a grandiose plan that will never happen.

Hey...if I could do that and pocket a few million, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

General Gulch photos and must admit first time I have walked around this area. Went to Superica which is hidden down a side street off Division.  One of my favorites in Charlotte.   and yes I went by the Wings mural but would not wait in line just took some photos of other people in front it.   Lots of cranes nearby.    where was this proposed pedestrian bridge over the RR tracks?  was in this area or further toward Capitol View? 

Huge long line for Rise Biscuit.  

Looks like you enjoyed your walk.

The bridge would have been at the end of Pine street on down from where Biscuit Love is on that side of the street sort of at an angle across the tracks. It would have connected at one of the 4 proposed towers on the other side of the tracks.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

2 more from the Gulch area.    sorry I can't identify all your buildings underway (hard enough to keep up my own boomtown of Charlotte) what is that building being built? By I-40 near Demonbreun.  

First photo: 1201 Demonbreun office building, 1212 condo, and the cranes are for the 16 story W hotel

Second photo: 27 story Endeavor and 20 story Gulch Union office building

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tiny lot at the NE corner of Lea Ave. and 6th Ave. South (501 Lea Ave.) has sold for $1.25 million.  The McDonald family, which has owned it for 16 years, sold the .19 acre parcel to a combo partnership that includes Atlanta's Buckhead Investments.  The initial plan is for the lot to continue to be used for parking.  Besides the two streets it fronts, the other two sides of the lot will be bordered by the Sixth South Apartments complex (10 stories,  297 units, retail space, internal garage).

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21096882/sobro-site-sells-for-125m

A view of the site from last year before demo of surrounding structures:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.02.52 AM.png

Where the site sits in relation to the u.c. Sixth South Apts:

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.09.58 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 8:15 AM, markhollin said:

A demolition permit of $51,200 has been granted to Demo Plus for the Trail West Building at 126 2nd Ave. (4 stories,  23,200 sq. ft., built in 1905).  Approval has been given by the Metro Historic Zoning Commission  due to deteriorating physical condition concerns.

No word yet on what might be taking its place.  Immediately to the north is the stalled Broadway Lofts (6 stories) project, and to the east is the rumored/stalled House of Blues Theater/Hotel project. Perhaps  someone is going to try to consolidate all 3 parcel for a more substantial project.  The area is zoned in the Broadway Historical District, and structures must be tiered from 6 stories (closest to Broadway) with a max of 18 stories (with bonus adjustments) next to the Seighenthaler Pedestrian Bridge.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21094140/demo-set-for-trail-west-building

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.04.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-10-28 at 8.15.07 AM.png

Looks like the demo started today

TrailWest.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Chicken Guy! a chain launched by celebrity chef Guy Fieri, will be opening an outlet in downtown at 139 2nd Ave. North in first half of 2020.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/11/12/guy-fieri-restaurant-chain-coming-to-nashville.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21097129/fieris-chicken-guy-slated-for-downtown

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 2.51.36 PM.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Hey that was a Wendy's!!! So the flame is trying to get into the Nash-hot-chick game? It seems everyone wants to get into the latest fads. 

I think that was built as a McDonalds. Wendy’s was down the street, in the storefront that after Wendy departed became Piranha’s.

• Like 2

The Tennessee Titans will double their operational and training facilities at Saint Thomas Sports Park in Metro Center with 60,000 additional sq. ft.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2019/11/13/titans-facility-expansion-saint-thomas-sports-park-amy-adams-strunk/2568293001/

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.03.04 AM.png

• Like 4