Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Trail West building (122 2nd Ave. South) site updates.

Scraped clean to the foundation 2 weeks ago.  Looking NE from 2nd Ave. South where it crosses under Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge:

Trail West Bldg, Dec 1, 2019.jpg

Digging up the cement foundation last week.  Looking west from alley between 1st and 2nd Ave. South, just north of the Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge:

Trail West Bldg, Dec 8, 2019.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

It is unclear what Mayor Cooper will do about the Dec. 31 deadline for the city to purchase the Morris Memorial Building for $13 million.  This deal was originally put in motion by Mayor Briley in order to preserve the structure and turn it into an African American Museum.

My guess is Cooper will nix the deal.  

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/12/12/historic-buildings-future-unclear-as-key-deadline.html

Morris Buidling.png

• Thanks 1

Southeastern Development's planned residential complex at 341 Great Circle Rd. in MetroCenter will add more than 50% additional units (another 163 for a total of 463 now) for their 11 acre project to break ground in June, 2020.  A name for the site has not been given yet, nor an updated rendering (see previous one below).  Davis Architects is doing the design. Closing on the purchase of the sites will take place soon, and then both existing warehouse/office structures will be razed.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21106980/planned-apartment-project-sees-unit-increase

Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 10.30.56 AM.png

• Like 3

Metro Center came up at the Mini Meet and just so you guys know, Metro Center was off limits for about a week or two during the 2010 flood. With all of these apartments being built here now and if we have a similar situation all of those people will have to find temporary housing. They were in fear of a breach in the levy there. I have a friend that works in Metro Center and could not go to work for at least a week maybe 10 days because of this.

IDK, just saying and sharing. I do like the fact there are more apartments being built there but...…..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GregH said:

I don't think there are any sidewalks in Metrocenter.

True, with the exception of a couple segments of sidewalks-to-nowhere in front of individual buildings.    Metro Center was designed in the early 70's as an office park just off the relatively new interstates, with automobiles as the sole focus.     I don't think Bobby Mathews ever envisioned that people would live there or want to walk or bike to anything.      

As mentioned above, the whole area was a former flood plain and extensive drainage work and the levee were required to make it usable for development.    If one were planning it from scratch today, I'd like to think it would look very different -- although, see Cool Springs.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GregH said:

I don't think there are any sidewalks in Metrocenter.

Sidewalks run the length of Rosa Parks through Metro Center, but otherwise, with the exception of a few isolated bits of sidewalk, the rest of the spaghetti network is pedestrian amenity free. On the plus side, there is plenty of grassy edge between the road and parking lots to pave for future sidewalks

• Like 2

Accent MetroCenter (two 4 story buildings, 282 units) update. Both structures topped-out, brick work underway.

Looking south along Great Circle Rd., 1/2 block south of Mainstream Dr:

Accent MetroCenter, Dec 8, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NW from Great Circle Rd., 1/2 block north of Rosa L. Parks Blvd:

Accent MetroCenter, Dec 8, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NW from Great Circle Rd., 1/4 block north of Rosa L. Parks Blvd:

Accent MetroCenter, Dec 8, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 2