Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

More info on the Third and Home Sports Bar (7,000 sq. ft. w/ 1,500 sq. ft. patio overlooking third base line of First Horizon Ballpark) in the new Sounds Retail Building. Should be ready by opening day.

Relatedly, Brooklyn Bowl, which occupies the same structure, is set to open in March.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/24/sports-bar-to-open-next-to-sounds-stadium.html

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThreatLevelMidnight said:

Mark, being someone who is new to this but also lives next door to this project.... what will be next after March 16 to get this project started? Break ground this summer? What other hurdles do they need to clear? Been waiting for this one for a long time!

I would think that if they get approval on March 16th (and I really can't see any reason why they wouldn't), things would get rolling within several months.  Elmington Capital is going to be a big help from a financial and organizational perspective.

I had spoken to Michael Kenner months back and he said ECG was going to be driving the wheels on this one. I know they can get it done. This may be the catalyst for W Trinity thats needed for the other large developments to start.

Someone had to put up or shut up. Too much talk and delays on so many projectsup here.

• Like 3

Church and Union will be a new 6,000 sq. ft. restaurant operated The 5th Street Group (out of Charlotte) in the Service Source International Building at 201 4th Ave. North.  A winter 2020 opening is planned. The restaurant will be open seven days a week, serving dinner, lunch and weekend brunch with complimentary valet service.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/02/26/charlotte-restaurant-group-sets-sights-on.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21118678/restaurant-eyed-for-fourth-avenue-downtown

• Like 4

This is exactly what I was hoping to hear.  Being someone who has lived in that neighborhood for four years now, we always HEAR people are going to do stuff (grocery store, car wash, townhomes, this complex, bridge to metro center, etc) but nothing has happened still. It’s crazy cuz we are so close to downtown, so you would think eventually some restaurants and businesses would HAVE to go up there. Please keep me updated as you hear stuff!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I had spoken to Michael Kenner months back and he said ECG was going to be driving the wheels on this one. I know they can get it done. This may be the catalyst for W Trinity thats needed for the other large developments to start.

Someone had to put up or shut up. Too much talk and delays on so many projectsup here.

@ThreatLevelMidnight, like many others on UP, I've been hearing the same thing.  A glance at Smeagolsfree's Excellent Development Map will show the level of activity.  Once one of these of decent size kicks off, the rest could follow in short order.  We've seen the same thing in The Gulch in the last 3 months.

• Like 2

Southeastern Development (5 buildings of 5 stories each, 463 apts.) update.   Office/warehouses being brought down to make way fir the 16 acre project.

A tad of nostalgia for me as 365 Great Circle comes down. This was the first place I worked in Nashville back in 1982 when it was home to The Benson Company (a conglomerate of 19 record labels where I was Nat. Dir. of Radio promotions).  Has been the HQ of Aegis Sciences Corp. for the past decade.   Looking north from near intersection of Great Circle Rd. and Athens Way:

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 1.jpg

This is all that is left of The United Methodist Publishing House warehouse.  Looking NE and north from Great Circle Rd:

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 2.jpg

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 2

Mark, was there a recording studio in that building?  I seem to recall a class I took at Vandy on the music biz had a field trip there (or another place in metro enter). Seeing the building that was in here on google street view seemed to jog a  memory cell in my feeble brain.  

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Southeastern Development (5 buildings of 5 stories each, 463 apts.) update.   Office/warehouses being brought down to make way fir the 16 acre project.

A tad of nostalgia for me as 365 Great Circle comes down. This was the first place I worked in Nashville back in 1982 when it was home to The Benson Company (a conglomerate of 19 record labels where I was Nat. Dir. of Radio promotions).  Has been the HQ of Aegis Sciences Corp. for the past decade.   Looking north from near intersection of Great Circle Rd. and Athens Way:

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 1.jpg

This is all that is left of The United Methodist Publishing House warehouse.  Looking NE and north from Great Circle Rd:

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 2.jpg

Southeastern, MetroCenter, Feb 29, 2020, 3.jpg

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Mark, was there a recording studio in that building?  I seem to recall a class I took at Vandy on the music biz had a field trip there (or another place in metro enter). Seeing the building that was in here on google street view seemed to jog a  memory cell in my feeble brain.  

Yes--- a fairly large sound stage studio for small orchestras and choirs as well as bands/solo artists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The 2.59 acre site to the SE of First Horizon Ballpark that was going to be called The Derby now has a an additional developer involved (Trube Corp. out of Austin) to go along with Sulpher Dell LLC (The Ward Brothers). The development will be larger now, encompassing 7 & 8 stories,  will include a hotel (no brand or amount of rooms is listed), along with an undisclosed amount of residential units, commercial space, and several levels of internal parking garage. The name of the development is not given yet.  It will interact with and further activate the Cumberland River Greenway, which runs along the outfield  walls of the stadium. STG Design has been brought on as architects.

FINALLY.

Real estate taxes from this development will go a long ways towards reducing metro's debt obligations. 

• Like 4