Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There may well be another architect involved with this project with STG, but we will not know for sure until we get comment from Austin-based Trube Corp. They have used an architect in conjunction with STG on some of their project in Austin.

The G in  STG is DeWitt Gayle who I knew at Vanderbilt, and a few years later shared a house with him in Austin when we were both in graduate school at UT. He grew up in Houston and was at the same high school and friends with Billy Gibbons. I met Billy and he was intrigued that I knew DeWitt, and was quite happy that I was able to tell him of the dramatic success of our friend. DeWitt loves Nashville almost as much as he does Austin which I'm sure is the reason his firm located an office there.  He visits Nashville frequently. The firm has a Houston office too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/1/2020 at 6:19 AM, markhollin said:

50 Lindsley Ave. (3 stories, 8 units) update.

Looking north from Lindsley Ave., 1/2 block east fo Academy Place:

50 Lindsley, Feb 17, 2020.jpg

While the material choice is nice, I must say I am very disappointed in this project. No detailing in the brick, only the one balcony. Access in and out of the garages are going to be very hard. And the back is pretty bad. Here area a couple other angles that we took late last year. Looks like rather than getting black doors, they just painted the white ones.

IMG_1767.thumb.JPEG.15e76da49f1be6a1cca3c12d22876060.JPEG

IMG_1770.thumb.JPEG.8b27ddbf29768cd06461b50e6b7851b4.JPEG

Here is the original render done by Pfeffer Torode

5AF2TALoegUZuuW997PfI6oPxj7YJPKtjt3zWvfrPdVewwrlKewbC6dTZwZizQDFyw2n1JhTtRfknN0-0yg-X44_Fej0LbwqJzQgQefOfX6cqnBrfKsFSrmmiJ-sEg6QIKSCtn7KJ_qz6G2Ws1nDll-69lIuooTvjRgcFJH8J1z36hFlPF8UGizuOLoXoCHABE1CYoGBETcq4giIWPlhCIvnowxP_DsRMfEvXd35RPzOSdPzP7EUa2iJte8b5FU1syA43MLSytt6buPKfeM_eQWBPIebUIA_-hA?session=2&fife=s16383

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

[smh] Even the masonry lentil beams above the windows were left out... and windows replaced with standard sashes.

Are we to expect that the awnings/ornamentation won't be added now, and that top floor in the diagram? I hope they paint it a nice light color at least... and make it look less value-engineered.

• Like 2

Ludlow Flats (5 stories, 68 units) update.  Topped out. Not sure if it sustained damage from tornado (these shots were taken several days before).

Looking SW from intersection of 10th Ave. North and Scovel St:

Ludlow Flats, Feb 29, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking NW from 10th Ave. North, 1/2 block north of Jefferson St:

Ludlow Flats, Feb 29, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking NE from alley between Jefferson St. and Scovel St., 1/2 block west of 10th Ave. North:

Ludlow Flats, Feb 29, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 3

Elliot Flats (3 stories, 47 units) update.  One section topped out.  Not sure if this was damaged in the tornado (these shots were taken several days before).

Looking west from intersection of Madison St. and 6th Ave. North:

Elliott Flats, Feb 29, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking east from intersection of Madison St. and 7th Ave. North:

Elliott Flats, Feb 29, 2020, 2.jpg

• Like 4

Vista Germantown is going to have a large segment rebuilt after the tornado.

Multiple permits have been secured of applied for to allow for the reconstruction of primarily the roof and sections of the top floor of the building, which offers five levels facing Jefferson Street but some four-story components also. The space home to restaurant Silo, located on the northeast corner of the building, sustained minimal damage.

One permit reads “to reconstruct building as previously permitted in 2010.” As such, according to a source who asked to go unnamed and with information about the reconstruction effort, the building will not require a demolition.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21121133/damaged-germantown-building-to-be-reconstructed

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.18.05 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.18.14 AM.png

• Like 3

Chef Ford Fry has announced the opening dates for his The Optimist, Le Loup (a cocktail lounge) and Star Rover Sound, each located near the other in Germantown's Griff residential development in a pre-WWI factory building.

The Optimist and Le Loup will open on Monday, March 30, with Star Rover Sound to open about three weeks later.

I'll post some pics later this week.

More at The Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21121430/notes-atlanta-chef-preps-openings-in-germantown

• Like 4