Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I think another issue is that it has been pretty much low income for a log time. Lots of trailer homes along Dickerson, cheap hotels, pawn shops, etc... Generally a depressed area and is just now getting attention. It was also considered way out in the county prior to Metro in the 60's and pretty much all of the areas north & west never had the population density that areas to the east & south had.

When you look at the map 41  which is Dickerson and 31 E which is Gallatin pretty much parallel each other until you get too Goodlettsville, so it seems as if the natural growth went to 31 E as there was more traffic because of Gallatin and Hendersonville folks traveling to Nashville along that Hwy. too. There are no major towns coming in from the north to generate the auto traffic that was needed in those days to support business's along that road. 

Now I am just thinking outside the box here, but I am just thinking of the early days of the auto and how things progressed and that sort of makes sense to me just thinking about how I have seen other cities grow.

• Like 3

The 4 parcel lot covering .36 acre at 520 Lafayette St. has been relisted for sale at an unpublished price by Jim Eaton. It is estimated to be work around $5 million.  The 1.17 acre lot to the SE at 505 Lea/500 Lafayette (home to Czann's Brewing which is relocating to The Nations) is also for sale at an undisclosed asking price by Randall Properties.

More behind The Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21132532/sobro-site-near-brewery-relisted-for-sale

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 7.08.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 7.08.52 AM.png

• Like 4

The undeveloped 15.8 acre site at 3671 Dickerson Pike is up for sale at $1.6 million.  It last sold in 2017 for $825,000 . There are many residential complexes going up along that strip, so this will probably become one as well.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21132972/dickerson-road-site-listed-for-16m

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 3.11.15 PM.png

• Thanks 1

LOL... yep... but we 'like' it like that. Actually, most of us here don't put ourselves in the same league with Atlanta and Nashville. So we're focusing on building a strong livable downtown. Towers are so far off in the future, we can't even 'go there'. 

• Like 2