Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

On 12/7/2020 at 10:23 AM, BNAfan said:

Is there a technical reason the two poles could not have been combined, or is it a lack of coordination?  

Thank you. 

I've always wondered what those black poles are. I seem to recall seeing those 5G poles combined with street lighting or traffic lights at some locations around Nashville.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

I've always wondered what those black poles are. I seem to recall seeing those 5G poles combined with street lighting or traffic lights at some locations around Nashville.

They’re combining them with street lights, existing telephone poles, and the wayfinding signage. I haven’t seen one on a traffic light yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PHofKS said:

It takes a substantial structure to support a mast-arm  mounted traffic signal display. The moments (engineering term) created are very large and require custom built poles and very deep foundations in addition to thick (expensive) steel poles with thick walls.

628876739_Signalpoles.jpg.5510e84ec2105d791d02aa2c2aa9d80d.jpg

The costs of building these poles is great and you don't want to add on extra volume and weight to accommodate other non-traffic signal purposes. A separate pole for 5G or whatever can be built less expensively than adding on to the signal support poles.

Thanks! I have always wondered how deep these go. And that's a heck of ground rod

• Like 3

Northe Pointe will be a 15 acre mix-use project in the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood put together by WE Develop LLC (a new partnership of J.Word Properties and E3 Construction). The first phase will be 17 townhomes, getting underway next spring and being completed by 2022. Other elements planned will include a grocery store, office space, additional retail, and lots more residential.  No word in the article on the exact location of the site.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/12/22/north-pointe.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 7.51.02 AM.png

• Like 1

Modera Germantown has finalized the purchase of the Centurion Stone site (11.5 acres at 1420 Adams St.) for $22 million.  Mill Creek Residential is the developer.  Phase I (5 stories, 400 units) should get started in early 2021.  Phase II (also 5 stories, 400 more units, and ground level retail fronting Adams St.) will come at a later, unspecified time.  Some new renderings below.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145179/germantown-site-eyed-for-project-sells-for-22m

Modera Germantown, Dec 23,  2020, render 1.png

Modera Germantown, Dec 23,  2020, render 2.png

Modera Germantown, Dec 23,  2020, render 3.png

Modera Germantown, Jan 3, 2019, render 4.png

Modera Germantown, Jan 3, 2019, site.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Modera Germantown, Dec 23, 2020, site map.png

• Like 4