Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

The portion of Velocity that houses 220 apartments has sold to Dinerstein Companies for $72.9 million.  There are also 40 condos and numerous ground level retail slots that are separate from this deal.  This works out to $331,000 per unit, one of the highest rates seen in apartment sales in the downtown area.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145393/apartments-in-gulch-building-sell-for-729m

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 3.02.11 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great shots, chriss752!  Are you visiting Nashville this week? If so thanks for the pictures. 

You are always welcome to post. Its been a couple of years since I was last in St Louis, but I am excited about the location of the new stadium there. I know that area well. A perfect place for it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chriss752 said:

Thanks. I was only in Nashville for the night and half of today. I was driving back from Port St. Joe Florida and decided to stop off for the night. 8 hours of driving solo wears you out, especially on the backroads of Alabama. 

I was in town for a few days in August but never shared my project pictures from then. I'd like to post more often here, and may. We will see. As far as St. Louis goes and the soccer stadium at 22nd street, we have a bit going on but nothing on the level of Nashville.

Thank you for taking the time to post those.

It is crazy how many structures have been built in Nashville over the past 10 years.  We’ve probably doubled our 200+ footers in 10 years…and it looks like it’s not stopping anytime soon.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chriss752 said:

Thanks. I was only in Nashville for the night and half of today. I was driving back from Port St. Joe Florida and decided to stop off for the night. 8 hours of driving solo wears you out, especially on the backroads of Alabama. 

I was in town for a few days in August but never shared my project pictures from then. I'd like to post more often here, and may. We will see. As far as St. Louis goes and the soccer stadium at 22nd street, we have a bit going on but nothing on the level of Nashville.

Yes, thanks for the shots and glad you travel with your drone! 

You mentioned you were just in Port St. Joe.    We used to go down to Cape San Blas each summer.     I'm curious how the area is recovering from the 2018 hurricane.     I haven't been there since.     

1 hour ago, NashWellington11 said:

I have lived in Nashville on and off for the past 15 years, so I am fully aware that this building is iconic and has its charms. Due to that icon status, I am also aware that any architectural criticisms of it are typically not well received BUT...

These renderings highlight some of the REALLY weird / quirky / unique (pick your least offensive term) aspects of this building. I don’t know which part intrigues/bothers me more: (1) its 45 degree diagonal orientation pushed into a corner of its huge, square lot;  (2) the gigantic atrium lobby that serves no real function and feels like an old mall food court; (3) the building’s refusal to properly address ANY of the streets it sits on or provide pedestrian-friendly street activation, or finally (4) the strange two story “auxiliary” building plopped on top of the parking garage like an after thought.

Some of these quirks could be easily explained away if the architect was working with an oddly shaped lot but this building has an almost perfectly square lot taking up more than 2/3 of a city block and THIS is what they went with. 

***Rant over.***

Oh I'm right there with ya on that.  I love the iconic spires on the skyline, but at the street level this thing is a train wreck... basically a nineties era suburbia fever dream that came to life.  I have never understood why it required such a massive footprint.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, L'burgnative said:

I keep up with the 300'+ buildings and in the last decade the number is actually closer to tripled rather than doubled if you count those currently under construction.  Not trying to correct you, instead just giving an even more accurate or "Holy Crap" perspective of what Nashville's experienced in the last decade.

Thanks!  I was just spitballing…so that’s great to know!