Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Maybe they mean the NES building itself, it could make an interesting base to a building. 

Right!!! There’s definitely enough parking lots around it to build a couple/few towers and reuse and incorporate this into the plans!! 

• Like 2

• dmillsphoto changed the title to Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge
4 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

2022979235_Grundy@12th.JPG.60d97003ae30f958a87a4ebf4e73e0b9.JPG

5 years ago and earlier, I would have said to keep the 12th and Porter building and that “Ale House” across the street.  Kind of a cool, funky vibe to that area…and with Pins Mechanical opening up, I had the thought that maybe that would help (and I do believe there are tenants still trying to make that happen?).  However…if someone was able to come up with something nice in the location stretching from the Endeavor / Tennessean site structures to the new Gibson Residences that would help keep a kinda funky, cool “Gulch” vibe without just plopping down another 2-3 apartment complexes, that would be great…even with the street change you’re discussing.  I would hate for Pins Mechanical to be the only cool, funky place left between Broadway and Church.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Almost as sophisticated as saying “I’m proud to call Pie Town my home.” :tw_confounded:

You guys should change the name once a month to celebrate America’s pies.  January…Apple Pie Town.  May…Key Lime Pie Town.  October…Pumpkin Pie Town.  November…Pecan Pie Town.  You’d have visitors from all over.  Instead of the Woo Hoo girls…just pie ladies and their husbands.  Mid-60’s.  Recently retired.  Rotund. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, titanhog said:

You guys should change the name once a month to celebrate America’s pies.  January…Apple Pie Town.  May…Key Lime Pie Town.  October…Pumpkin Pie Town.  November…Pecan Pie Town.  You’d have visitors from all over.  Instead of the Woo Hoo girls…just pie ladies and their husbands.  Mid-60’s.  Recently retired.  Rotund. 

Sadly, there is no House of Pies in Pie Town.

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Even the area where the Vorhees building is, is being called the Gulch.

That development is actually in "The Gulch"!  Broadway, railroad tracks, the interstate.  That's it.

12 hours ago, titanhog said:

Lower Gulch…call it “The Lurch"

I overheard someone call The Gulch "The Glutch."  That could be the Lower Gulch.

• Haha 3

Three demolition permits totaling $21,000 have been issued to tear down structures at 1020 Jefferson St. to make way for a 4 story, 25 unit residential complex.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-12-july-2021/article_3d38d882-e0f2-11eb-bbef-9f1c319578dc.html

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Mark, show me where the name is The Nell. I just do not see it anywhere and may be overlooking it. It is not on CA Souths web site either.

It was in an article from either The Post, NBJ, or The Tennessean that came out a month or so ago.  Now that the threads have been combined, I don't have time to go back and look for it. 

• Like 1