Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

All three of those lots, particularly the old shopping center in Downtown Franklin, are crying for redevelopment. 

I assume you're talking about Franklin Plaza on Columbia Ave just south of the Franklin Police Department. Hopefully it's just a matter of time and sooner than later. It's been cleaned up and empty looking like it's ready for demolition for months.  

• Like 3

On 7/31/2021 at 5:12 AM, titanhog said:

Anyone notice there is an exterior elevator attached to the Snodgrass Tennessee Tower (state office building)?  Do you guys what all they’re doing?

state office bldg.jpg

There was a bid awarded back in April for life safety system upgrades.  This was for a project on the 2018 construction list. May have some connection.

Front End Checklist (tn.gov)

DesRecSel_Sept2018.pdf (tn.gov)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your all talking about what’s outlined in white, that's the Cumulus radio “ park land” . Could it even be possible that something is brewing with this. We were just talking about this last week when the new renderings for 2nd& Peabody were released. I suggested that Congress Group buy this and build the tall office that they originally planned. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

cumulus site.png

He's playing with my emotions!!! :tw_joy:

I came here to post an opinion and ran face first into that post.  Now my curiosity is on tilt!

What I wanted to say is, we need the Highwoods (Tennessean site) proposal and the new Pinnacle to come through.  In my opinion, they help shift the entire skyline westward with Tony G's twins coming through.  Highwoods also adds some much needed height to that north Broadway tract and further connects the CBD to Midtown.  Giddyup!!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

More activity in The Gulch?!  While walking the dog tonight, I noticed that 1112 Laurel Street (the parking lot pictured below) was blocked off and two core drillers were there.  Drilling took place today.  That's Laurel House on the left with Design Within Reach on the first floor and the W Hotel just behind it up Laurel.  The lot on the right with the green wall was not blocked off and no drilling is taking place there.

Any word from anyone as to what's going on here?

1303973604_1112LaurelSt-2021-08-05.thumb.jpg.9209364a547ff823c39668c87952e63d.jpg

Looks like a good spot for a 1200 footer

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

More activity in The Gulch?!  While walking the dog tonight, I noticed that 1112 Laurel Street (the parking lot pictured below) was blocked off and two core drillers were there.  Drilling took place today.  That's Laurel House on the left with Design Within Reach on the first floor and the W Hotel just behind it up Laurel.  The lot on the right with the green wall was not blocked off and no drilling is taking place there.

Any word from anyone as to what's going on here?

1303973604_1112LaurelSt-2021-08-05.thumb.jpg.9209364a547ff823c39668c87952e63d.jpg

You can bet that Market Street has not been forthcoming with the 915 Division lot, then they are not going to be forthcoming with this lot either. These companies are just too hypersensitive especially when their hand is caught in the cookie jar like this and we all know something is up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Ray Hensler has sold the 6,780 sq. ft. restaurant space in his 23 story Twelve Twelve residential building for $5.85 million.  It has been home to Fin and Pearl, and most recently Pemrose.

The new owner is FP Investors LLC, owned and operated those two restaurants as tenants. The LLC includes local attorney Charles Robert Bone and Steve Moore, a former CMA president. Those two have worked with Howard Greenstone and Ken Levitan, the investors involved with Gulch restaurants Adele's and 404 Kitchen, and Jewish deli Shep’s in Five Points. The team could not be reached for comment regarding any future restaurant it might be planning (or about the possible reopening of Pemrose, which closed when the pandemic hit).

When Blue Stripes Cacao Shop opened a few months ago, I spoke with the Operations Manager who said that the same restaurant management company that runs Blue Stripes also runs Adele's, 404 Kitchen, and the restaurant in the Country Music Hall of Fame.  He may have mentioned one or two others but I can't recall them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Here are some preliminary plans that Market Street filed as part of their Water/Sewer availability request in late 2019 before the Water/Sewer Capacity fees skyrocketed in 2020.

1296729110_Image8-5-21at9_46PM.jpeg.514d640ca8d10dc727f503973b777f2c.jpeg

It looks like there will be a shared base for these two buildings which suggests that they will do core drilling on the entire site soon.  There's a 10" sewer line running between the two lots that cannot be build upon.  If MarketStreet wants to start with the building on the Laurel street side, the blue one, that's commercial.

• Like 1