Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

I think I posted it the other morning when you were traveling, but you have it for good measure. I will say they have not done much as far as height goes. I have heard it will more than likely be micro units and will probably be in the 10 story range, I hope I am wrong about that.

We have way too many squatty buildings in that area of SoBro. Going to start calling it SquatyBro.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I was wondering if I was the only one thinking that SoBro is going to end up looking very squatty if developers don't start adding some height well beyond KVB.  It's disappointing because the skyline could easily stretch to Lafayette  if not butt up against I-40.  Lafayette itself should be lined with 20+ story buildings.  We need that company out of Chicago that proposed a multi-high rise development several years ago for that area to come back.....

I'd love to see a plan to make Lafayette outside of the loop leading up to where it changes to Murfreesboro Pike be developed into a more affordable West End like area.  Have high rise apartments and condos that are nice,  not luxurious, but well built and have decent amenities.  In addition to the housing, it would be nice to see a few mid rise and high rise budget friendly hotels.  Like a 10-20 story Comfort Inn.  Then let the full service dine-in chain restaurants fill in as well, along with local dining spots.  The key would be to keep the area affordable.  I know there's not much of an incentive for developers to build lower cost affordable housing.  I'm just hoping Nashville will come up with a way to maintain affordable living close in to the city.  

I believe these are the buildings in question. Probably fell though due to lack of an office tenant at the time.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/massive-project-planned-for-sobro/article_7868f30c-7f50-58b2-92fc-52a881b6537d.html

Image.png

Edited by jkc2j
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

10 minutes ago, jkc2j said:

I believe this is these are the buildings in question. Probably fell though due to lack of an office tenant at the time.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/massive-project-planned-for-sobro/article_7868f30c-7f50-58b2-92fc-52a881b6537d.html

Image.png

That was a great proposal! I’d love to see that come back!!

22 hours ago, jkc2j said:

I believe these are the buildings in question. Probably fell though due to lack of an office tenant at the time.

Image.png

That's development.  And, now I'm sad... :tw_cry:

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Is Nashville's self-proclaimed "World's Largest Adult Bookstore" about to get squeezed out?  LOL!!! 

Every time I return to Nashville I just know it's going to be gone.  But instead it's still there in all of its illuminated glory... LOL!!!  

I can't wait to see that entire area transformed.  It is time for the metal buildings to go.  Some of the small brick industrial buildings can be repurposed into restaurants, bars and retail. 

Well, it’s not the “world’s largest adult bookstore” any more…but it’s now Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club.

(Good news/bad news)

20 hours ago, markhollin said:

The three properties that total 3.06 acres at 407 Lafayette and 833-835 4th Ave. South are up for sale as a whole for $22 million. A Sherwin-Williams Paint store and Domino's Pizza are the current tenants of the 1 story non-historic structures on site. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/sobro-properties-offered-for-22m/article_0f592388-f9f0-11eb-ac51-db5347a086e9.html

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 3.07.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-10 at 3.08.25 PM.png

RIP The Muse

• Like 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Well, it’s not the “world’s largest adult bookstore” any more…but it’s now Larry Flynt’s Hustler Club.

(Good news/bad news)

If we are being technical here... the bookstore is actually still in the building, it's just alot smaller and in the tenant slot up against the self storage building.

1 minute ago, natethegreat said:

Apologies if I’ve missed something - is there anything in the works for the parking lot across from the JW and the new 1 hotel? I think on the corner of 8th and Demonbreun. Seems prime for something big.

Nothing!!! Should have been the site of the new federal courthouse, but 20 years ago the gubmint went in another direction... literally and figuratively.   I used to have federal cases in the Kefauver building, and I can tell you that having offices in that building and hearings 2-3 blocks away is NOT convenient.  There was very wise judge at the time who stated his desire to have the new CH at that corner (could have been had cheap at the time) but one of the federal judges in Nashville, the US representative and mayor at the time (starts with a "P") insisted that Church Street 'needed' the activity.  Honest! 

• Thanks 1