Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I don't mind this too much. We are getting a 3,800 SF retail slot on the corner. The garage is lined and not visible at the street. 

Plan from the Civil drawings via the Development Tracker.

image.thumb.png.46bd574c216ef7a8a6a2a0d463fbfd07.png

The renderings seem a bit dated (from the SP finalized last year), but it is different than everything else and the rounded brick work at the corner is a nice detail.

image.png.2f301c92969c0a3c83ec2806ee440246.png

image.png.37d9c1689667bed7e48242cfabbe6705.png

Apologies, I was looking at the first picture in that article which appears to be a different project. This one looks pretty solid.

• Like 1

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 5 story, 19,000 sq. ft. circa-1900 brick structure at 200 Broadway is being designed for whiskey bar, artist's den, and rooftop bar. The Ardent Company (TAC), which bought the property over 2 year

OK, Right now the number of towers over 100' lets say could be around 32 by this next year. (probably conservative) That will include some of the ones that are under construction now. I will say this

Great news!  The Geist House (circa 1888) restaurant has been rebuilt utilizing all of the original bricks they could salvage from the severe tornado damage.  I'll try to get better shots soon. Loo

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

Apologies, I was looking at the first picture in that article which appears to be a different project. This one looks pretty solid.

Gotcha. I believe that is the residential project out in Bellevue that will be situated behind the Home Depot (across the river too) just off I-40

9 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

All of me knows why I didn’t. No money. I knew where to buy, as a matter of fact someone I knew asked me where to buy about 10 years ago for a good investment and I told them anywhere in SoBro or Between West End & Charlotte closer to the interstate and he didn’t take my advice. The first area has already taken off and the second area is about to explode. The folks that bought on Dickerson and sold early are now very sorry they did. Land prices have not hit the premium yet.

He thought I was a nut case. I told him you will be sorry. I have never had the money to invest, but I sure knew where t go in this town after watching and learning on this board for a few years. At the time 2010 was the perfect time to buy. Some folks were afraid and deciding to dump property. Big mistake!

In 2010 one of my investment clients, who was worth $5M to $10M, asked me why I bought a condo in The Gulch.  I told him why and I told him the best thing he could do with his extra cash was to buy the office building he was renting downtown.  He had lots of extra cash because he was still nervous about the Great Recession / Global Financial Crisis.  His landlord had asked him if he wanted to buy the building.  He would probably be up 10X today.

• Like 2

Tailor Nashville will be opening a new permanent location in the recently finished 620 Taylor structure in Germantown.  the 2,000 sq. ft. restaurant will feature a South Asian American menu. Pfeffer Torode is the architect, and opening is expected by early 2022.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/08/20/vivek-surti-tailor-restaurant-relocation-taylor-st.html

• Like 4
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Capitol Hotel expansion (5 stories, 29 rooms) update: new staircase/elevator shaft rising.

Looking east from Polk Ave., 1/4 block south of Union St:

Capitol Hotel, Aug 22, 2021.jpeg

I really wish they had demolished the entire building and replaced with a new design. That thing will always look like a 1960s motel with a thick layer of stage makeup and a bad wig!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Nashville leaders say downtown has enough pedal vehicles, and ask for new permits to be denied (32 new ones are being requested).

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/davidson/2021/08/25/downtown-nashville-new-permits-pedal-vehicles-could-be-denied/5584868001/

This shouldn't be a permanent stance. Until the state lets us restrict buses, tractors, and rolling hot tubs, I don't mind limiting numbers. But once we can get those off the road, I  support getting more tourists back on good ol' fashioned pedal taverns!

• Like 2
On 8/24/2021 at 9:24 AM, donNdonelson2 said:

I really wish they had demolished the entire building and replaced with a new design. That thing will always look like a 1960s motel with a thick layer of stage makeup and a bad wig!

I couldn't imagine a more Nashville building. Also, it's much better for the environment to reuse existing buildings than it is to demolish and build anew. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Broadway.png

Based on this tweet I say Gresham Smith is the designer of the new viaduct. Has anyone seen any prelim plans (because they prolly wont do a rendering) of what the bridge is gonna look like??

• Like 1