Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Again this is an example of 2 different groups looking at the same thing when one is enough. Metro Historic Commission has already looked at this and passed, so now a whole new group with little experience in such matters for the most part is looking at it and putting their stamp of approval on it. Metro historical should be the ones to have final say in the area and not MDHA., going back to my earlier argument on the Ritz thread.

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

MDHA Design Review Committee OK's  plans for the update of 200 Broadway (formerly the Cotten Eyed Joe store) to be turned into a restaurant/bar with and added rooftop party deck. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/mdha-oks-ritz-carlton-project-concept-plan/article_dea2a664-1b10-11ec-a10e-d7718691976b.html

Bring back the spaghetti factory.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Urbanman said:

Are there any plans for the surface lot behind the Customs House and the surface lot at the corner of Rosa L. Parks and Demonbreun?

None that I know of. I am not even sure of who the ownership goes back now as it was once owned by Tommy Frist and sold to the current owners.

The address is a PO Box.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

None that I know of. I am not even sure of who the ownership goes back now as it was once owned by Tommy Frist and sold to the current owners.

The address is a PO Box.

Would be some great locations for a couple of tall boys and continuing the canyonization of both Rosa L. Parks and Demonbreun!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

123 3rd Ave. South has a new rooftop patio being built.

Looking east from surface lot north of Schermerhorn Symphony Hall:

123 3rd Ave South, Sept 19, 2021.jpeg

That building was designed as a two story masonry structure.   I do hope they hired a good engineer to confirm it can hold what’s going to happen on that top level.   :tw_grimace:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

630 Division, which is for sale, has core driller on site.

Looking NW from Division Street Connector where it crosses over CSX tracks:

630 Division, Sept 26, 2021.jpeg

Haven and Albion should have bought this lot to protect their views.  Has anyone heard what might be going on here?

Bill Miller will be adding two rooftop bars to his complex at 119-121 3rd Ave. South that features the Johnny Cash Museum.  No word on the name(s) of the attractions.  Metro Historic Zoning Commission has approved the concept plan, which is being designed by Remick Architecture.  No start date has been announced.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/rooftop-bars-eyed-for-cash-buildings-in-sobro/article_810abd6c-1fc9-11ec-9e90-97c1bdb58749.html

Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 8.21.56 AM.png

• Like 4