Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

40 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

There is room for 3 towers of about 12 stories or two towers of around 20, with a large garage with amenities on top. This is just a guess. You could do even more towers as this is almost a 4 acre site. Either way a lot of units and my guess a big let down. There will probably be a lot of landscaping involved as well. My instincts tell me they will not seek bonus height, unless this is a phase I of a multi-phase project. If thats the case, then it could be a larger project at some point.

No retail or commercial involved.

I can't imagine any retail wanting to go into this location.  This could block some of the view from Fort Negley toward Four Seasons.

The problem will be 10 years from now, it will be a retail dead zone. There will be a lot of residential and the folks there will be bitching about it. It’s just the nature of things. My problem with FT Negley is that no one lives there and hardly anyone uses the park. They have to use goats to keep the grass mowed.

Metro is so cheap. If they turned it into a usable space that would be one thing, but I will be that the Science Museum will block the view at some point with a new building of their own that have not even thought of yet.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

The problem will be 10 years from now, it will be a retail dead zone. There will be a lot of residential and the folks there will be beotching about it.

True.  It would be nice to have a little retail space in every development.  This lot is so far away from currently occupied residential buildings that there are few who would ask for street activation.  Perhaps the revised DTC will speak to this for all of us, but who knows when this revision will take place.

I could live with entry to the project from 6th, but there will have to be some work done to the intersection at 6th & Mulberry due to visibility concerns. Most likely a 4 way stop would be sufficient. Mulberry may have to widened as well to accommodate an increase in traffic.

I would bet they have not gotten as far as a traffic study yet.

You already have TN Brew Works across the street and it has been a success. I do not see why more commercial would not.

• Like 2

Hermitage Cafe, which has been in operation since the early 70s at 71 Hermitage Ave. (at the SW corner of Hermitage and Middleton St.) on Rutledge Hill, is going to close.  Here is a message they posted on their Facebook page yesterday:

“We know there are some posts about the diner closing. We will give an official statement next week. We were handed the news recently ourselves. So bare with us at this time. We are trying to handle this news ourselves. Thank you.”

No word form the owner of the property, GBX Realty, on their plans.

I'm believe the structure had been a service station before it was a restaurant.  And before that, an 1800s-era Victorian style Rutledge Hill home had been on the site. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here
https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/retail/hermitage-caf-seemingly-to-close/article_1db2ce72-217b-11ec-a5eb-3361d4d1732d.html

Hermitage Cafe, Oct 1, 2021.png

Hermitage Cafe, Oct 1, 2021, site map.png

• Sad 6